Parallels FullScreen Freezes Mac

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AshtonM1, Jan 16, 2018.

1. AshtonM1

AshtonM1 Junior Member

I have been testing to see what issue is causing my iMac late 2014 27" to freeze every morning. This issue has been ongoing since I installed High Sierra. I had a support ticket open with Parallels and they said it's an Apple issue.

I have narrowed it down to the issue being with full screen. If I have full screen on my Windows 10 VM, it'll freeze the entire computer. I installed teamviewer on the mac side to see if I can access it, but when it freezes, the computer is not able to remoted into. This issue goes away when in Coherence mode, as I've been testing every other day to see if I can replicate. When I use Coherence mode, there are no issues, I just really don't like using it.

Has anyone else had these issues or something close to it? Did about all the troubleshooting I could with Parallels support.

2. Mary4

Mary4 Bit poster

I'm new to the forum and trying to figure out how to start a new thread. I am also having issues with Windows 7 freezes using Parallels 13 and Sierra. Any help on either?

3. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Mary4, We can see that you have reached one of our support channel, kindly follow the instructions we have provided.

4. Mary4

Mary4 Bit poster

But can you tell me how to start a new discussion thread here, please?

5. Mary4

Mary4 Bit poster

They said to reinstall parallels tools but windows is freezing up and preventing that. I posted that response but no response from support. I'd like to start a new thread here and get forum help. If you can facilitate that, I'd be grateful

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Once you logged in you can see an option which says " New threads " on the top right corner.

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Mary4, We believe your query has been address over a phone session with us. Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

8. LuizF2

LuizF2 Bit poster

I am having a Mac freeze problem with Parallels. Working with MAC without starting my Windows 10 VM runs smoothly for days with no problem. When starting the Windows 10 VM and run some office applications like Outlook or Excel makes the temperature on the processor going high up to 220F making the cooler run full speed. After a few minutes like this the whole computer hangs and freezes. Little color turning disc starts on Mac and it is impossible to continue without pressing on/off button and restart my mac. My config is MacBook Pro 13" Retina 3,1GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD, running on macOS High Sierra V 10.13.4 and running parallels 13 with Windows 10 and office 365.
    I have streamlined the most I could but from now on I need some professional help. Thanks!

9. GiuseppeS2

GiuseppeS2 Bit poster

Hi, I have the same problem as you....have you solved it? Thank you

10. GampaA@P

GampaA@P Pro