Running OS 10.8 on Parallels 13

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by DelphineJ, Apr 15, 2018.

1. DelphineJ

DelphineJ Bit poster

Hello, I would like ti purchase Parrallels 13 to run it on High Sierra together with 10.8.
    Can you confirm that Parallels 13 works with OS 10.8 ?
    Thanks !

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello DelphineJ, Are you trying to install Mac OSX 10.8 as a virtual machine in Parallels Desktop 13?

3. DelphineJ

DelphineJ Bit poster

Yes. I would like to run on High Sierra and have 10.8 also available to run some of my apps

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Yes, you can run OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.x as a virtual machine in Parallels Desktop 13 installed in high Sierra.

5. DelphineJ

DelphineJ Bit poster

Thank you very much.
    I want to make partition on the internal disk for 10.8.
    How should I proceed ?
    Should I make the partition and install 10.8 system in it first or should I install Parallels 13 first ?

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You have to install it inside Parallels Desktop using the recovery partition or the installation USB stick.

7. DelphineJ

DelphineJ Bit poster

Ok. I don't have a recovery partition or USB stick. But it is my computer's native system and I'm still running on it now so it's saved on TimeMachine.
    So I will upgrade to Hi Sierra and then recover it from TimeMachine via Parallels Desktop. Would that do ?

8. DelphineJ

DelphineJ Bit poster

"it" meaning "10.8 system" in my message

is it the same process if I decide to install the virtual 10.8 system on an external drive ? (might be my best option so I would just upgrade now to 10.13 without partitioning) ?