Renewal: Cannot activate my renewal subscription

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TeresaW2, Apr 23, 2018.

1. TeresaW2

TeresaW2 Bit poster

I received an email saying my subscription had renewed, and I followed the link to Activation Instructions and downloaded Parallels 12. (I had 12.2.1.)
    But, however, when I click on it in my Applications folder, it doesn't load. It just spins, and I have to Force Quit out of it.
    What am I doing wrong? I thought when I renewed, that I could just keep using what was on my computer. (I tried this and it too wouldn't load.)
    I'm on Mac, High Sierra (10.13.4).
    Any help is appreciated.

TeresaW2

2. Hi TeresaW2. Since you have Parallels Desktop for Mac Pro Edition, please refer this article to download and install Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac which is the latest version. Once the installation is completed, kindly activate the product.

3. TeresaW2

TeresaW2 Bit poster

Thanks. I have downloaded Parallels 13 successfully, but now my Window Applications (PC, Windows 10) have disappeared. It says "Get Office." But I have already paid for Windows 10. Any ideas how I solve this? I also have a subscription to Words 365 for my Mac. I can get to Word, etc. through Microsoft Edge but I really don't like editing in that program.
    Any advice is appreciated.

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello TeresaW2, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow this link to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

5. TeresaW2

TeresaW2 Bit poster

I have reinstalled Parallels Tools. Not really sure I get the connection, but it didn't work. I still don't have my Windows applications. Thanks.

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @TeresaW2 , please open Run command on your Windows virtual machine and type appwiz.cpl and check if the applications you are looking for are installed on your Windows virtual machine.

7. TeresaW2

TeresaW2 Bit poster

I'm not finding a Run Command. Where would I find it?

8. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Kindly press the Windows button + R to get the run command box.

9. TeresaW2

TeresaW2 Bit poster

Thank you. Only Microsoft OneDrive and Parallels Tools show up.

10. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

It seems the Microsoft office 365 is not installed, kindly open the browser and download Microsoft office 365 to install it inside Windows virtual machine. (refer to https://bit.ly/2GEfwQa for assistance)

11. TeresaW2

TeresaW2 Bit poster

I have the subscription for Office 365 which is for a Mac, but what I need are the Windows 10 Office applications, which I have paid for 2 years ago. I called Microsoft yesterday and they were no help.

12. TeresaW2

TeresaW2 Bit poster

Is there a support number for Parallels I can call? Or even a chat?

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Please check our private conversation.