General Question on Using Parallels 13 and Time Machine

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JamesB14, Apr 23, 2018.

1. JamesB14

JamesB14 Bit poster

Hi - newbie with Parallels here - I just installed and purchased P13 and have one Windows 10 x64 guest running on my mid-2010 iMac. I pretty much rely on Time Machine for all my backups and want to extend it to P13. I searched the knowledge base and came up with several hits, but nothing based on the current release. I have clicked on the SmartGuard in the Configure->Backup box and un-checked the "Do not back up with Time Machine". In Time Machine I also removed the entry for Parallels in the area where it has "ignored" files. I also had P13 do a snapshot.
    ----> Is there anything else I need to do to protect my guest?
    ----> Also, if I manage to fat-finger something in my Windows guest and need to restore it, what is the process with my backup scenario?
    Thanks, Jim
    Folsom, CA

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello JamesB14, You have already set everything fine but enabling smart guard will take periodic snapshots which will increase your hard disk space, Instead you can manually take snapshots when ever you need and delete the old snapshots. Kindly follow the link to restore the virtual machine from time machine backup.