Coherence mode not working from external SSD

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by PatG, May 2, 2018.

1. PatG

PatG Bit poster

Hey,
    I was running out of space on my Mac's internal drive so I decided to move my .pvm file to an external SSD. (Samsung T5 3.1) I followed the steps to move the file to the external drive from the parallel site. The VM is working fine running on the VM. Only issue I have is that I can't enter coherence mode. I have reinstalled the parallels tools multiple times. The original VM running on the internal drive coherence mode works just fine.

Is it expected behavior that a VM running on a external drive can't run in coherence mode? Or is this a bug or defect?

Thanks
    Patrick

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi PatG.
    What is the exact symptom(s)? Is the option to switch the VM to Coherence mode inaccessible/greyed out? Can you help us with a screenshot displaying the issue?

3. PatG

PatG Bit poster

Hey, I have attached a screenshot of the issue that shows the VM from the external drive running with the coherence options under the parallels menu greyed out.

Attached Files:

4. If you have any antivirus application installed on the Mac/Windows, please disable it. Then refer this article to reinstall Parallels Tools and check if it helps.

5. PatG

PatG Bit poster

I don't have any antivirus application installed on the VM so none are running.....Also, if you refer to the original post, I actually have reinstalled Parallels Tools multiple times.

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @PatG , please follow the steps suggested in the article and let us know if that works.

7. PatG

PatG Bit poster

So I have followed all the steps on this article...I wasn't in Full Screen mode, Parallels Tools were installed and up to date, both the Parallels Coherence Service and prl_cc.exe process were running, and the Parallels Display Adapter was present in Device Manager. I didn't do step 5 from the article because I am using a newer version of MacOS. Is there anything else that I can try on my end to get coherance mode to work?

8. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @PatG , please generate technical data after reproducing the issue and post it here , we will check and help you out.