Parallels Support for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by NathanH4, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Hi Everyone,
    Parallels Desktop 13 for Mac Update 3 Hotfix 1 (13.3.1-43365) is released and it supports Ubuntu 18.04. Use this direct link to download and install the latest build. Let us know if you face any issues.

HakanK2 likes this.
  2. StephenC9

StephenC9 Junior Member

Updated yesterday (23rd May 2018) - quite a number of fixes listed (18.04 just one of them) so updated. I've not tested everything but no issues yet found and 18.04 seems to install and run fine.
    I'm guessing the update was being held back until all the issues in the list were fixed as too many updates can be a pain when Tools has to be reinstalled each time.

3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Thank you for sharing this with us. Let us know if you face any issues.

4. BillT6

BillT6 Bit poster

Installed Ubuntu server 18.04 on
    13.3.0 (43321)
    yesterday with no problems although used the "Install Other OS from image" option.
    Seemed stable.
    Updating to latest version of parallels now

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Thank you for sharing this with us. Let us know if you face any issues with the latest update.

genebrowder likes this.
  6. genebrowder

genebrowder Bit poster

thank you.

7. jimcoyle

jimcoyle Hunter

I updated to the new version of Parallels (Version 13.3.1 (43365)) and then updated Ubuntu to version 18. Now I can't install Parallels Tools - the entry in the VM menu says "Installing Parallels Tools" and it is greyed out. What gives and how can I fix this? Thanks.