Re-Activation of Windows 10 Home not Working after Re-Installation of Parallels

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by PascalH2, May 28, 2018.

Tags:
  1. PascalH2

PascalH2 Bit poster

Hey all,

I am currently stuck with the following issue:

I am requested to re-enter my registration key for re-activating Windows 10 Home which runs on Parallels. However, when I do so, I keep receiving the error message that I can't use it as it is currently being used on another device. But this can't be true as I was using Windows 10 Home on the same MacBook Pro before, also in combination with Parallels.

Unfortunately, I had to delete the old Parallels installation with Windows 10 Home due some technical issues.

Anyone with same experiences and how I should go about this issue? Reaching out to Microsoft support service seems almost impossible.

On my Microsoft online account, the Windows 10 Home installation is being displayed. Everything is working fine so far. However, I would like to activate it to make full use of Windows 10 Home.

Thanks for any kind advice in advance!

2. Hi PascalH2. Please contact Microsoft Support to reset the Windows 10 product key and try activating the product once again which should work.

PascalH2 likes this.
  3. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

It's worth also realising that the W10 key will complain that the device has changed, if you significantly alter the settings for the VM. So if (for instance) you installed before with the VM set to use 2 cores, and then changed this to 4 cores, the key will be refused. MS normally will re-activate it if you explain this.

PascalH2 likes this.
  4. PascalH2

PascalH2 Bit poster

Thanks for this. But where do I find their hotline number? It almost seems to be impossible to obtain that one. Or is there a proper ticketing support in place?

5. RogerH6

RogerH6 Hunter

Windows itself gives you a contact number for registration if you have a failure and select on of the options.
    Depends on what country you are in. In the US (888) 571-2048.
    If the machine was the same spec, it should already be activated. When you originally upgraded to W10 from 8.1, it would have created a digital license held on the MS servers, and if the same machine loads W10, it should already be activated.

6. PascalH2

PascalH2 Bit poster

Thanks mate!

7. Need more help? Please let us know and we'll be happy to assist!