Some problems about parallels tools....please help!

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by TayathornK, Jun 8, 2018.

1. TayathornK

TayathornK Bit poster

I already have parallels tools installed, and i have one virtual machine(Windows 10).
    I just installed one more virtual machine(another Windows 10), do i need to mount parallel tools into the new virtual machine and install parallels tools?

you only need to install parallel tools once, or once for every virtual machine you added?

Thankyou!

2. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @TayathornK, of course! You need to install Parallels Tools for each and every virtual machine that you installed on Mac with Parallels Desktop. Please refer to this article for installing Parallels Tools.

3. TayathornK

TayathornK Bit poster

Thankyou!!!
    When i added the second virtual machine, the Alt+Ctrl doesnt appear in the parallels desktop menu bar, and the drag&drop works.(this is why I thought you only need to install parallel tools once on your "first" virtual machine at first)
    Parallel tools also doesnt automatically install, and I didn't manually install it either.
    What might be going on?

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Let's be sure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Attempt entering Coherence view and see if it works.