Windows is really slow

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MarceloA1, Jun 14, 2018.

1. MarceloA1

MarceloA1 Bit poster

Hello all,

This is my first post here and I hope I'm posting this in the correct category.

I've just got an iMac 2017 with 8gb of ram and 1TB fusion drive with Windows installed on a Bootcamp partition.

I've installed parallels and added the Bootcamp partition to it and everything was configured automatically and started working, except for one thing: Windows is really slow.

When I click on the start button, it takes a while to open the menu. When I click on a link on en e-mail that has to open my browser, it takes around 20 seconds to do so, and unistalling a program is really RELLY slow. Windows is almost unusable.

Is there any way I can improve this? Is it because of the 8gb of ram? If I add more ram, will I have a faster virtual machine?

Thanks

2. Hello MarceloA1. Please refer this article and allocate 4GB of RAM to the virtual machine and check for the performance. Also, if there is any antivirus application installed on the Mac, please disable/uninstall it and check whether the virtual machine works fine.

3. MarceloA1

MarceloA1 Bit poster

I've done what you've asked and improved a little bit, but not as much as it should. Am I expecting too much from a virtual machine?

4. Perform a clean boot by disabling all the third party startup programs in the Windows virtual machine which will also increase the performance.