Windows 10 update problem

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TomS18, Jun 25, 2018.

1. TomS18

TomS18 Bit poster

I installed Parallels 13 on my MAC and Windows 10 about 3 months ago. Periodically Windows 10 sends me an update. Everything was working just fine including my old version of Quicken 2009. I just installed the latest Windows 10 June update and everything went to hell. All my application icons on the main Windows screen are way too large and when I open Quicken the fonts are huge and pixelated, totally unusable. I have installed the latest version of Parallels before I installed the Windows update. I have increased the resolution in Windows as much as it will let me. Nothing works. It doesn't matter whether I view Windows on my Samsung UHD monitor or on my laptop screen. What can I do??? Has anyone else had this Problem?

2. Hi TomS18. Please start the Windows virtual machine. Select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Reinstall Parallels Tools and make sure that the tools are installed successfully. Then restart the virtual machine and check if it works fine.

3. TomS18

TomS18 Bit poster

This did not work. REINSTALL PARALLELS TOOLS was grayed out. I deleted the TOOLS App from the APPLICATIONS and then installed the TOOLS from the Parallels Preferences but there was no change in the the way Windows 10 displayed--everything way too large.

4. Please refer to this article and follow the 'Scenario 2' to install the Parallels Tools for the Windows virtual machine which will install the necessary drivers and check if it helps. Please note that Parallels Toolbox which is found in the Mac Application folder is different from Parallels Tools which will be installed only within the virtual machine.

5. TomS18

TomS18 Bit poster

Thank you so much. I got it fixed. What a relief.

6. You are welcome. Nice to know that it works now. Please post again for any additional queries.