Unable to register Parallels Desktop with error 'check your Internet connection'

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by DamonB, Jul 20, 2018.

1. DamonB

DamonB Bit poster

I've tried following all of the instructions in the thread that had this but I still cannot get past this screen. I'm logged in everywhere, firewall off, ports open the lot. Anybody else got any suggestions? I'm trialing this and as of right now VMWare Fusion is 100% better. I've spent about 2 hours trying to log in!

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello DamonB. Please quit Parallels Desktop now, reboot your Mac once, launch Parallels again and re-attempt the registration.

3. DamonB

DamonB Bit poster

I gave up. I tried rebooting, tried all kinds of things. Moved on to VMWare. 1 hit install and done.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Sorry to hear that the issue wasn't resolved. If, however, you need any assistance from us again, please feel free to reach out and we'll do our best to help. Thanks.

5. hbrooks2

hbrooks2 Bit poster

I have same issue on three different MACs. Two were running registered. I logged out and can not log back in. Another system same thing.
    Are you sure there is not a problem?I am now stuck and can't use Parallels since no local way to enter a registration kry.

TerryF2 likes this.
  6. hbrooks2

hbrooks2 Bit poster

I forgot to menton I installed Toolbox on one to the MACS I can't get Parallels Desktop to activate. Toolbox activated perfectly.
    I have reinstall Parallels Desktop 13 multiple times, Toolbox activates with same network access.
    How can I get a copy that I can locally activate?

TerryF2 likes this.
  7. TimT7

TimT7 Bit poster

The response to my support ticket for the same issue is the authentication server has a problem for those that have logged out of existing accounts and for new purchases due to server maintenance. It's been down for about 24 hrs and they will not commit to a resolution time frame. I think the issue is not routine maintenance but a server problem

8. TonyH3

TonyH3 Bit poster

I have the same issue.
    This problem is mentioned in the Parallels knowledge base as ID 113744 (https://kb.parallels.com/en/113744), which I have followed without any success.

9. Neff

Neff Bit poster

Hi, I have the same issue - I can not enter Parallels Desktop 12 --> I bought Parallels Desktop 13 --> but it does not let me in.!!!

Please help - is it just a Sunday-problem? Will it be solved on Monday? Annie

10. alistairg2

alistairg2 Bit poster

Unable to get past initial request for email and password - pop up states not connected to internet - have no functioning Parallels software - no longer productive - have managed to log in with Facebook and various other ways, but registration is blocked by this pop up glitch

11. RobK2

RobK2 Bit poster

I cannot register Parallels 13 either after installation on my MAC. And yet I have a key that was paid for on the actual site.
    I keep getting an internet connection error message.
    Parallels was not listed in my Firewall exceptions so I added it. The proxies don't seem to be an issue. I can ping the registration address at Parallels.com (and the internet is working on my Mac). I even turned off my firewall with no results.
    Are there any fixes for this?
    Thanks

12. DaJuanB

DaJuanB Bit poster

I'm having the same issue, I have tried everything and will be requesting a refund.

13. SebastianT2

SebastianT2 Bit poster

same here! I want to use Windows for some apps but I want to try before I buy parallels. no chance to get it running...

14. TerryF2

TerryF2 Bit poster

Yes I'm having the exact same problem and have tried everything to get it working. There application server must be down.

15. TerryF2

TerryF2 Bit poster

Mine just worked!!! :)

16. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi , we had some technical difficulties which has been resolved now. Please try to register now and let us know if that works.

17. TonyH3

TonyH3 Bit poster

Thanks, now it works!

18. You are welcome. Nice to know that it works now. Please post again for any additional queries.

19. alistairg2

alistairg2 Bit poster

Yes, system now working after maintenance report

20. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Perfect, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.