Snapshots

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by VegarF, Jul 17, 2018.

1. VegarF

VegarF Bit poster

Hi
    I have a lot of snapshots (about 140gb. 76 snapshots 2gb each. See some of them in attached image), but they don't show up in Snapshot Manager, so i can't delete them.
    I have read and followed several threads and run terminal:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    prl_disk_tool merge --hdd /Users/xxxxx/Documents/Parallels/Windows\ 7.pvm/Windows\ 7.hdd
    ------------------------Result----------------------------------
    objc[37514]: Class DeallocHook is implemented in both /Applications/Parallels
    Desktop.app/Contents/Frameworks/ParallelsVirtualizationSDK.framework/Versions/5/libprl_sdk.5.dylib (0x107fe27d8) and /Applications/Parallels Desktop.app/Contents/MacOS/prl_disk_tool (0x10694f848). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    They won't merge and I have not tried to delete them. I don't need the snapshots, and have never made one my self.
    No snapshot.xml
    Empty snapshot-folder

Please help!

Attached Files:

2. VegarF

VegarF Bit poster

No one knows?

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @VegarF, it a virtual disk of either format can be a single-piece disk or a split disk. A split disk is cut into 2 GB pieces and is stored as a single .hdd file and it cannot be merged using the terminal command you have tried. Are you able to start the virtual machine?

4. VegarF

VegarF Bit poster

Please help

5. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Check the VM settings and make sure if the "Split the disk image into 2 GB files" is checked or not. If it is checked then you cannot merge them using the command to merge snapshots.

[​IMG]

6. VegarF

VegarF Bit poster

@Ajith@Parallels Yes it is checked. Should I uncheck it and then merge?
    I cannot understand why the image is that big...