Can I configure/run A VPN on Parallels Desktop?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BooneC, Aug 17, 2018.

1. BooneC

BooneC Bit poster

I have recently bought Ivacy VPN, and I want to use Parallels Windows environment, but I am a bit skeptical if I would be able to run a VPN in the system? Kindly assist me a bit in this matter.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  2. Hi BooneC. If you would like to share the VPN connection from the Mac to Windows virtual machine, please follow the steps from this article. If you would like to configure the VPN separately on the Windows side, please choose the network source to 'Default Adapter' instead of 'Shared' and configure it as you do on a standalone Windows PC.

3. AdamM15

AdamM15 Bit poster

Hello Experts

I have a LTE Huawei B612 Router and a Mikrotik rb951ui-2hnd. Connected Mikrotik to LTE router WAN port and notebook connected to LAN port. I only want to use the Mikrotik as a VPN PPTP server (yes I know its not secure), but the LTE doesnt allow me to setup L2TP. I can access the internet through my Mikrotik, PPTP is setup.
    Test - I connected my notebook to the WAN port of Mikrotik and can connect using PPTP. Working 100%
    I have setup PPTP port forwarding on my LTE router as well.

Test PPTP VPN from other internet connection(outside connection), not working. I think the LTE router is blocking me but not sure what else to do - Please help