PD 14 trial version removed my PD11 installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by catdad, Aug 23, 2018.

1. catdad

catdad Member

I installed the Parallels Desktop 14 trial version yesterday and saw during the installation process that it was removing my existing (PD 11) installation. Will I get it back somehow if I don't buy PD 14 at the end of the trial period?

At present I'm not satisfied with the PD 14 trial because 1) the Parallels Tools update stops when downloading and 2) Disk Warrior reports that the PD 14 custom icon is damaged and cannot be fixed.

My OS is 10.11.6

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @catdad, if you want to install Parallels Desktop 11 back please use this link, it will not get back automatically. But, before you do that, please let me know what do you mean by "Parallels Tools update stops when downloading"? Is there an issue with Parallels Tools installation process? It fails?

>Disk Warrior reports that the PD 14 custom icon is damaged and cannot be fixed.
    Can you show me a screenshot of this message please?

3. catdad

catdad Member

ПриветДмитрий! I tried to update (re-download) Parallel Tools right after the installaion of PD 14 ended and
    Windows 7 loaded.

I didn't save the DW report, but will save it if I run it again and get the same message.

4. catdad

catdad Member

I re-ran DW and took an iPhone photo (since I can't take a screen shot because I didn't boot from a HD with the complete OS). it's too large to post here. Where can I send it?

5. catdad

catdad Member

Here's an image of a screenshot reduced in clairity so it can be uploaded here ParallelsDW.jpg

6. Dmitry@Parallels

Thanks a lot, I will show it to Engineering Team for clarification.

7. catdad

catdad Member

Here's a screen shot of my stalled download of Parallel Tools (attached) PT.jpg

8. Dmitry@Parallels

No matter how long you wait it stays at 15%?

9. catdad

catdad Member

Well, I didn't wait more than 2-3 minutes, which seemed to be enough when it took only seconds to get to 15%.