Full Screen Performance Issues v14

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by AshtonM1, Aug 27, 2018.

1. AshtonM1

AshtonM1 Junior Member

I have been using Coherence mode even with the last version as full screen would crash my Mac. With the new upgrade to version 14 of Parallels, I started using full screen again to test the functionality. It seems to not crash the Mac, however performance seems to be operating as a crawl. Tabs take forever to respond to a click, CPU usage becomes high at a single click on an application, etc. As soon as I switched to Coherence this morning, everything is stable and CPU usage is hovering around 20-30% instead of 98-99% doing the same operations.

Has anyone seen this and have a setting change that could impact performance on the full screen setting? Thanks!

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @AshtonM1, please reproduce the issue and send us a technical data report via Help menu > Send Technical Data.. Please post the report ID here.

3. AshtonM1

AshtonM1 Junior Member

Hi there,

273081265 is my technical report #. Coherence seems to be getting more delayed as well.

4. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Thank you! Was there high CPU usage before sending the report? At the time when the report was taken CPU usage is fine, 89% of CPU uptime is idle (not in use). There is Sophos anti-virus working in Windows, it may slow the entire system down during its checks.
    Do you experience slow Windows UI response anyway? If yes, does your iMac have Fusion drive? Can you check its performance please? You can use this free app: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackmagic-disk-speed-test/id425264550?mt=12. Please attach a screenshot with results.