Windows 7 Password Reset

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ampm11, Jun 11, 2012.

1. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

You have to connect USB directly to Windows for it getting detected. You can use the option Devices > External Devices then select USB.

2. Heassoisl

Heassoisl Bit poster

I personally used ntpassword reset my windows 10 password, it works fine.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  3. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

4. KevinP9

KevinP9 Bit poster

I was attempting to reset the password on a Windows 10 VM from terminal but when I entered the prlctl list -all command I received an error that said that the VM could not be located because it wasn't registered in the Mac VM directory. How do I register the VM in the mac VM directory so that the commands will work?

5. ApplearperK

ApplearperK Bit poster

What I did was totally different from what you did,but my login password was reset on my computer .
    With the help of it : https://www.mobiledic.com/windows-topic/reset-windows-7-password.html

Last edited: Nov 22, 2018
  6. loxerD

loxerD Bit poster

If you don't have a disk reset, you can reset your Windows 7 password using Security Questions, other Windows 10 logins, security mode, and more. Among them, the method I have used is safe mode, you can reset the win 7 password without disk in five steps, like this:
    Step 1. On the Windows login screen, click the "Power" button > "Restart" and hold down the Shift key.
    Step 2. Select "Troubleshooting" > select "Advanced Options" > select "Startup Settings" in the blue screen that appears.
    Step 3. Click "Restart" in the lower right corner, then press and hold F4 / F5 / F6 to enter Windows 10 safe mode.
    Step 4. Select the "Enable Safe Mode with Command Prompt" option to go to the CMD window > Enter command: Net User <Username> <New Password> to change the password > Done.

7. PamkkuiP

PamkkuiP Bit poster

Great! here linked: https://www.winpwd.com/
    The steps in this Windows 7 password reset program are comprehensive.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
  8. NickR2

NickR2 Bit poster

Hi, I have forgotten my Windows 10 password, and I am struggling to reset it. I am using Paralles Destop std version 12. I tried the prices in KB114193 using the prlctl command, but I get the message that this only works for the Pro and Business editions.

I have been trying to use the process KB117557, but I cannot understand what to do. I cannot even get past the first step! How do I
    "Boot from Windows 8 or Windows 10 (depending on the Windows version you have installed) installation disk. Proceed to Troubleshoot > Advanced options > cmd, and execute the below command in Command Prompt:"

I installed the system in 2017, and I cannot remember what I did. I have my Windows 10 on a USB stick, but I do not know how to boot from it?

I tried option 2, but when I try to mount the disk, I cannot see it in Finder. I assume that the disk is not mounting?

Having not been able to follow the instructions, I looked at the commercial programs, but when I looked at PCunlockerPro, it says to download it onto a USB stick, and then to go into the settings for Parallels Desktop, and change the order, but these options are greyed out for me, so that doe snot seem to be an option for me either!!

Sorry to be a bit dim, but can you give me some help in simple terms that even I can follow please?

Many thanks, Nick

9. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We no longer support Parallels Desktop 12 as it had reached the end of life. The second article you have mentioned is the only way to reset Windows password. You can try Option 2.

10. NickR2

NickR2 Bit poster

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. My problem is that I have tried option 2, but when I mount the disk, it does not appear in finder. Do you have any suggestions for how I can get past this step? Am I doing something wrong? Thanks, Nick

11. NickR2

NickR2 Bit poster

HI, I now cannot find the KB article that shows option 2. Has it been removed, as when I search for the number it is not found? Thanks, Nick