"Windows 10" was restarted. The virtual machine processor was reset by the operating system.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ValP, Sep 26, 2018.

1. ValP

ValP Bit poster

This is happening frequently enough that I thought I would post. Whenever I attempt to shut down Windows 10, I get the message below.

Restart-WIndows.png

I'm running Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac Pro Edition version 14.0.0 (45124). I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise in the VM, build 1803 with all the patches applied. When this message pops up I typically will initiate a shutdown up to 3 times for it to finally shut down.

Anyone else having the same issue?

--- Val

2. GuidoH1

GuidoH1 Bit poster

Hi Val,

I have the same problem - does anyone have a solution?

Guido

3. ValP

ValP Bit poster

I guess we're the only two!!! How often does it happen to you? For me, I would say it's about 60/40 where 40% of the time I have to shut down multiple times as I get the message above.

4. GuidoH1

GuidoH1 Bit poster

more or less 100%. Only solution is to close the window on the MacOS level. Happens since updating on new version.

5. Hi, please follow the steps from this article to resolve this issue.

6. BernardC2

BernardC2 Bit poster

Had the very same problem. Found this article from Parallels: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124449
    Read it twice and do so carefully. Once I got it right, the problem was fixed. Good luck.

7. ClintC1

ClintC1 Bit poster

This worked! Thanks for posting!

8. Nice to know that it is sorted out. Please post again for any additional queries.