Any discount to switch from vmware to parallels?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by SoftoC, Sep 12, 2016.

1. nikolaosk2

nikolaosk2 Bit poster

i would like to upgrade to parallels 13 ...1-time purchase

pls send me pm.

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi nikolaosk2. As per your request, a PM has been sent to you. Please check.

3. ivanwing

ivanwing Bit poster

I just bought a new MacBook pro, and wish o shift from VMware Fusion to Parallels 13 also, pls send me pm

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi ivanwing. Please check the PM sent to you.

5. Seba DGA

Seba DGA Bit poster

I'm a long-standing user for VMware (now v10), and I had parallels v9 as well.
    I would switch back to Parallel for a discount...

6. Joakim G

Joakim G Bit poster

I have been running VM-ware Fusion for years now, but I would like to upgrade to Parallels. A discount code would be much appreciated! :)

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello Joakim G, Please check our private conversation.

8. RobertV13

RobertV13 Bit poster

I am currently using VMware Fusion 10, and I'm wondering if there's a discount available that will allow me to "upgrade" to a Parallels Pro Edition subscription for $49.99 annually?

Thank you!

9. Niall

Niall Bit poster

I've used VMWare Fusion for years, and am now using version 10, but having read about the performance improvements of Parallels 14, I gave it a try and am very impressed. Is there any discount available to allow me to switch to Parallels Pro edition?
    Thanks in advance

10. I too would like to know about the VMware fusion discount. Thanks!

11. eblot

eblot Junior Member

Still thinking about switching or not from VmWare Fusion 10 to Parallels v14... Upgrade to the next release VmWare Fusion version is likely to be half the price of a brand new Parallels license. Any competitive upgrade planned? Is it worth waiting for Mojave availability?

12. Peterv8

Peterv8 Bit poster

Hi, I would like to move from Fusion to Parallels. Pls PM me.

13. cam217

cam217 Junior Member

Hi,

I would advise you to consider pros and cons about that.
    I personally am going to VMware because of the very sad and very aggressive license policy (see here)! Plus, no virtual machines conversion anymore for computer who doesn't run Parallel Desktop (non macOS systems) which is a bit annoying since only Fusion (not the windows version of VMware) can convert from PD virtual machines...

14. DécioL

DécioL Bit poster

Hi,

I'm a former Parallels user (from v6 up to v10) and current VMware Fusion user (currently v10). It's upgrade time this year and I'm considering switching to Parallels, for which I would need the Pro edition (4 vCPUs and 8 GB RAM doesn't cut it for me). However $99/year is too expensive for me, especially considering I can upgrade VMware Fusion to v11 for US$ 49. Can I get a discount on the Parallels Pro subscription for being a current VMware user?

Also, does Parallels offer a perpetual license option for the Pro edition? I would much rather buy Parallels outright if that was an option.

15. PeterJ8

PeterJ8 Bit poster

Hi,
    Currently using VMware Fusion but considering switching. Any discount code available?

16. MichaelJ10

MichaelJ10 Bit poster

Hi:
    I am currently using v14 on my Macbook Pro and thinking it would be nice to use Parallels on my iMac as well. Do you offer discounts on a second purchase of Parallels v14. Thanks.

17. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello MichaelJ10, We're sorry to inform you that there are no discount offers running on our website right now. Please keep checking back on our website to avail offers when such are released again in the future.

18. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello PeterJ8, Please check our private conversation.

19. SeanN4

SeanN4 Bit poster

I'm currently using VMWare Fusion- is there an switchover discount promo?

20. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We have shared the information requested in a private message. Please check it.