Unable to Trash Virtual Machine

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by PatrickS18, Oct 11, 2018.

1. PatrickS18

PatrickS18 Bit poster

I'm running Parallels Desktop 14.0.1 on Mojave. One of my High Sierra virtual machines is stuck in the "spinning state" in the Control Center. It just sits and spins. How can I trash this VM when I don't have any controls? Is there a file on disk I can hand-edit to remove it?

upload_2018-10-11_20-28-22.png

2. Hello PatrickS18. Please refer this article to delete the virtual machine from the Mac.

3. PatrickS18

PatrickS18 Bit poster

Thanks, I did find that article. The options to remove the machine are greyed out. Parallels is in some bad state. The machine also is hosed.

4. PatrickS18

PatrickS18 Bit poster

Rebooting the machine did it

5. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @PatrickS18, glad that you were able to trash it by rebooting the Mac. Are you able to install a Windows virtual machine now? If so - is it working fine?

6. PatrickS18

PatrickS18 Bit poster

Yes. Everything so far everything is fine - I'm creating a new vm. I had a high sierra virtual machine that crashed in parallels and somehow got corrupted. I sent in the crash report in case that helps you guys. The vm ran out of disk space right before the crash.

7. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @PatrickS18 , Thank you. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.