Drap & Drop Apps

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by RalphL2, Oct 1, 2018.

1. RalphL2

RalphL2 Bit poster

Hi I'm new to virtual machines in general and was hoping someone can help me please.

Before I purchase parallels i'm trying to find out if I can drag and drop an application from the latest OSX which i will upgrade my macbook pro to into OSX Lion that will be running on the virtual machine. I do not have the original install disc for the application in question or a file from which to install it. Does anyone know if the application will work if i do this?

Thanks

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @RalphL2 , are you trying to drag and drop the application from host OS and guest OS?

3. RalphL2

RalphL2 Bit poster

Hi. To explain further. I have a programme that will not work on the OS that I want to upgrade to so when I upgrade I want to install parallels in order to run my current OS (lion). As I don't have the install disc or install file I want to know if the programme will work if I drag and drop it from the host os applications folder into the applications folder of the guest OS. Thanks for your help.

4. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

It is not possible to drag and drop applications from Host OS to Guest OS. Drag and Drop feature is for copying files from guest to host and vice versa.

5. RalphL2

RalphL2 Bit poster

Thanks for reply. Is it possible to have the host running on OS lion (10.7.5) and the guest as a newer OSX?

6. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello RalphL2! Unfortunately it is not possible, You cannot install Parallels Desktop 14 in OS X Lion(10.7.5 ) to run the latest Mac OS as the guest virtual machine.