Remove Dock Icons in Coherence

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by paolohu1, Sep 23, 2016.

1. paolohu1

paolohu1 Bit poster

Some background - Parallels Desktop 12, I have multiple monitors, I have it set so that the Windows task bar shows up even in Coherence, I start Coherence on the other monitor so that I have the OSX dock on one monitor and the Windows taskbar on the other monitor.

What I would like is a way to prevent the Windows icons from showing up in the OSX dock - similar to the "Show Dock icons in Coherence only" setting removes them when not in Coherence.

Is there any way to make this happen? I know it's not a typical setup but I've found that the Windows taskbar does a much better job controlling Windows apps, the Dock integration is kind of clunky and I also end up with tons of icons in the OSX dock.

Thanks in advance.

BenjaminD4 and VVakko like this.
  2. VVakko

VVakko Bit poster

Hi.

I have exactly the same question. How I can remove icons of running Windows programs from Dock in coherence mode? (PD14, W10)

3. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @VVakko, when in Coherence Windows apps icons are always visible on the Dock. Why do you want to remove them? How then you want to navigate between Windows applications? Did you enable Windows task bar visible on the screen?

4. BenjaminD4

BenjaminD4 Bit poster

Hi Dimitry@Parallels --
    Even we had the option to turn off Coherence Windows app Dock icons, we could still switch between windows programs by using a Windows-based keyboard shortcut. I do this all the time. I also have "show the task bar" turned on and I usually have my Dock attached to the left side of my screen.

Overall, I'd love to see a way to turn off guest app Dock icons so that the Dock isn't such a cluttered mess.

BTW, I've submitted this as a Feature Request. https://forum.parallels.com/threads...n-off-windows-dock-icons-in-coherence.346280/

Thanks,
    -Ben