Parallels Desktop and Mojave - No access to microphone or webcam

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by AhmerM1, Oct 27, 2018.

1. AhmerM1

AhmerM1 Bit poster

Hi Guys,

I have had a pretty awful experience trying to get a microphone and webcam working with Parallels desktop 14 and Mojave. I have been unable to make this work on my MacBook Pro 2018. Basically I keep getting told that I need permissions to be approved in the privacy settings. But they are never requested and do not show up there.

I really want to separate my work in a separate VM with it's own accounts in Skype for business etc.. that are away from my main laptop. Having a working microphone would be crucial to this.

I have talked to Parallels support and they have confirmed it is a bug, but will not provide a date when the bug will be resolved.

Has anyone else noticed this and if so, do they have any suggestions for work arounds

Ahmer Memon

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello AhmerM1, Kindly follow the instructions from this link and check if it helps.

3. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AhmerM1, we have already forwarded your request to the Engineering team and this issue will be fixed in the upcoming build of Parallels Desktop 14. Stay tuned!

4. PaulChristopher@Parallels

PaulChristopher@Parallels Product Expert Staff Member

Hi @AhmerM1, we just released a new update Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac Update 14.1.0 (45387) and this update addresses this issue. To check for updates, click on the Parallels Desktop menu on Mac menu bar and select Check for Updates: http://kb.parallels.com/124521