Which Parallels will work with Mac 10.6.8?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by KellyE, Jan 27, 2013.

1. KellyE

KellyE Bit poster

Could someone PLEASE tell me if any of the versions of Parallels software will work with 10.6.8? I have 3.0, but when I installed it, it says it's not compatible. Why doesn't it plainly say it on the box? HELP! Will any of the versions of Parallels work with 10.6.8?

2. kat

kat Product Expert

Hi
    The answer is Parallels 7 or 8. I found this nice knowledgebase chart for you: http://kb.parallels.com/en/114381 which gives the compatibility information for Mac osx from 10.4.6 and Parallels Desktop 3 to present.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  3. Specimen

Specimen Product Expert

Because when Parallels 3 came out there was no OS X 10.6, P3 came out in 2007 and OS X 10.6 in 2010 if I'm not mistaken.

4. KellyE

KellyE Bit poster

Thank you

Thank you so much for the chart. I was very helpful!

5. StefanosD1

StefanosD1 Bit poster

Hello, please allow me to talk again for the same problem installing parallels to os x 10.6.8.
    First please advise me which product i should download in order to run Windows 10 in my iMac A1224 with os x 10.6.8?? I suppose i need PARALLELS DESKTOP FOR MAC
    I already running WINDOWS 10 pro in my computer with bootcamp partition.
    From your list https://kb.parallels.com/eu/114381 i found that parallels 9 is compatible and i downloaded, however when i request for TRIAL KEY i am taking a problem popup "PLEASE CHECK YOU NETWORK CONNECTION AND TRY AGAIN. IF THE PROBLEM PERSISTS, CONTACT THE PARALLELS SUPPORT TEAM"
    i don't know if the problem is the version i downloaded or that i am asking for a trial key. please advise/support
    I really want to check if my system will work with parallels and windows 10, if yes i will planning to purchase for 2 iMACs using the same setup (os x 10.6.8 with parallels and Win 10 pro) THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

6. Hi StefanosD1. Only the latest version which is Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac is available for 14 days free trial. Please be informed that only from Parallels Desktop 11 for Mac, you can install Windows 10 as a guest OS. However, Parallels Desktop 11 is not compatible with Mac OS X 10.6. Hence you need to upgrade your Mac OS to the latest version to use Windows 10 using Parallels Desktop for Mac.

7. StefanosD1

StefanosD1 Bit poster

Hello and thank you very much for your reply; appreciated. please advise if possible to buy and activation key for parallels desktop 14 and use it for my installation to PARALLELS DESKTOP 9 ??
    In addition, please advise if possible to install WINDOWS 10 using parallels desktop 9 which is fully compatible with MAC os x 10.6.8.
    The solution for upgrade OS X 10.6.8 is not realistic since iMac A1224 is not updatable after 10.6.8
    Kind Regards

8. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

HelloStefanosD1, You cannot use Parallels Desktop 14 key to activate Parallels Desktop 9 for Mac, Windows 10 can be installed only from Parallels Desktop 11 and later version.