Windows 10 suddenly not working

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ian8, Oct 29, 2018.

1. ian8

ian8 Bit poster

Hello,
    I'm currently having an issue with Windows 10 on Parallels Desktop on a Mac running High Sierra 10.13.4.
    I put my laptop to sleep last night and now when I try to use Windows I'm getting a glitched out screen that looks like the image attached.
    Has anyone ever had this problem or might know what is happening? I have a bunch of unfinished school work that I need to access.

Attached Files:

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello ian8, Kindly start the virtual machine and go to the top menu bar, click on Actions--> Take snapshot. once the snapshot is done then again click on Actions--> Reset and then check with the Windows virtual machine. Let us also ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow https://bit.ly/2N1mrkW to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

3. ian8

ian8 Bit poster

Hello @AJ@Parallels, taking the snapshot and then resetting has gotten my virtual machine working again. Thank you for your assistance.

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.

5. PrafulP

PrafulP Bit poster

I have a same issue with my windows and after taking snap shot and reset the situation remain same. What should i do?

6. Hi, dud you install the Windows update before? Or may be update the Parallels Desktop or MacOs?

7. FedericoC1

FedericoC1 Bit poster

Hi ! I have a similar problem. Windows does not seem to be able to start. Only a black window. What can I do?
    Thank you
    Fede

Attached Files:

8. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @FedericoC1 , Please let us know if you tried resetting the virtual machine (Actions--> Reset) ?

9. FedericoC1

FedericoC1 Bit poster

Yes, it worked when I reseted the app. Thank you!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  10. MalcolmD

MalcolmD Bit poster

I think Parallels are one of the top software companies anywhere. Their application allowing W10 to work on a MAC is a stable, solid work. I had the problem described above and did a snapshot and a reset. Now I can get on and complete my work. I have great respect for this company and their staff. Well done.!!

Maria@Parallels likes this.