Ubuntu 18.10 guest support in 14.1.0 (45387)?

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by bradyrtech, Nov 20, 2018.

1. bradyrtech

bradyrtech Bit poster

Greetings all -- just got the 14.1.0 (45387) update and while reading through the release notes, I didn't notice official support for ubuntu 18.10 (or, if it was listed, I didn't see it -- in that case, my bad)

So, the question is: does version 14.1.0 (45387) fully support Ubuntu 18.10 as a guest OS?

Thanks in advance,

-ryan

2. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello Ryan. Ubuntu 18.10 is not supported yet. Information in this article applies to Parallels 14.1.0 as well.

3. bradyrtech

bradyrtech Bit poster

Hello Hemnath, is there an ETA on when Ubuntu 18.10 will be officially supported?

Or, for anyone who reads this thread, is 18.10 unofficially supported with the current version of parallels? i.e. does it work at all? I suppose in the meantime, I could go back to vmware fusion 11.0.1 which officially supports ubuntu 18.10 as a guest OS.

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

I'm sorry, but there is no ETA. You may drop a feature request here.

5. bradyrtech

bradyrtech Bit poster

Thanks for your reply, Hemnath -- it is unfortunate that there is no ETA for 18.10 support. I'm sure it will drive some Linux enthusiasts to competitor software.

I hope that anyone else in the community who reads this thread, if you can post your experience with attempting to install 18.10 under Parallels version 14.1.0 (45387), it might be useful for anyone who might attempt to try it out since the official response from Parallels is the boiler-plate "It's not supported, please submit a feature request".

thanks again,

-ryan

6. JulsS

JulsS Member

It may not be officially supported, but you can install Ubuntu 18.10 using Parallels 14.1. Ubuntu 18.10 would not even install under the previous version of Parallels.

juls

7. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello bradyrtech! I am sorry for the inconvenience, We have escalated the issue you reported to the Engineering Team and they are working on it. Please visit < https://bit.ly/2toN39C >and post your suggestion/vote.

8. rkulikov

rkulikov Parallels Developers

Though Ubuntu 18.10 is not officially supported you may use it as a guest operating system. But should note that some features may not work as expected: for example, there're issues with Coherence mode.