Weird screen objects wont clear, when opening other apps

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by JohnP13, Nov 29, 2018.

1. JohnP13

JohnP13 Member

I have Redhat Server 7.4 installed as a VM with Parallels 14. As you can see from the attached screenshot, I fire it up, logon, and get desktop objects on the screen in the workspace, and they never go away, including being in the way of other apps that I open, and it's not just interfering but they seem to be untouchable. And this happens in either Coherence or non-coherence mode, as well as if I switch back and forth between workspaces, they disappear for a second, but do anything and they are back. Very odd. Anyone else have this problem, and found a fix? Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

3. JohnP13

JohnP13 Member

Hello, I did that, ather, right before I did all that, I took on the update, then opened Redhat and it immediately performed an update to the Tools, so that was done. Also, I registered the RH version, and was able to then update all the software, so I have everything square there too. Yet I have this weird problem, so annoying that its rendered unusable until i can find a fix. I really need a Linux Server to begin some courseware, and this Developer version was free, as well as the only Linux I have installed that ruely does Coherence mode.

4. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @JohnP13 , Please go to virtual machine's configuration then choose "Options" tab > Sharing > Share folders: "None" then delete the unwanted desktop objects, restart your Mac and check the issue.

5. JohnP13

JohnP13 Member

Thanks for this, i applied your suggestion, and I still have the same issue, see screenshot. Also, another same issues exists, nothing to do with the weird objects not clearing or being allowed to be touched, but if you try to drag, touch or move the terminal window that I'm using as an example, it dies, though you can kill it through the GUI menu at top, just strange.

Attached Files:

6. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @JohnP13 , Please follow steps in this link , isolate the virtual machine from Mac and check the issue.

7. JohnP13

JohnP13 Member

Hi, i just tried this, and tested it out, and I still have the same exact set of issues, the desktop objects of RH show through the Term window, and if I touch the term widow to move it as an attempt to get the objects out of the window frame, the term dies/locks

8. ParallelsU198

ParallelsU198 Bit poster

I have the same issue, link.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  9. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @JohnP13 @ParallelsU198 Please reproduce the issue and post us the technical report ID by following the steps in this article for investigating the issue further.