internet speed so much faster on MAC OS... so slow using parallels

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by CHADK3, Apr 18, 2018.

1. CHADK3

CHADK3 Bit poster

i just ran an intenet speedtest on my mac os and it is 177.5 MBPS on the parallels side the speed test came back at 44 MBPS. it seems to be slowly getting slower. Any suggestions?

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello CHADK3, Let us ensure that Parallels Tools are properly installed. Please follow this link to install Parallels Tools. If you see reinstall or update Parallels Tools then kindly reinstall it.

3. CHADK3

CHADK3 Bit poster

reinstalled parallels tools. no change in internet speed

4. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

Please shut Windows down, open the virtual machine configuration window, navigate to Hardware -> Network 1, select 'Default Adapter' (under 'Bridged Network:') for 'Source', enable 'Network Conditioner', select 'Custom' for 'Profile' and set 'Bandwidth' to 'Unlimited' for both 'Inbound' and 'Outbound'. Close the window now and check for the issue again.

KamilM1 likes this.
  5. KamilM1

KamilM1 Bit poster

I had the same problem as OP, tried everything else (shared vs bridged, reinstall tools etc) and this was the only thing to fix it.

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Yes, by default VM's network bandwidth is limited. We can change by turning ON the Network Conditioner and setting Bandwidth as Unlimited.

7. Elric

Elric Parallels Team