Parallels Tools support for Ubuntu 18.04 using Parallels Desktop 12?

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by StephenB14, Jan 2, 2019.

1. StephenB14

StephenB14 Bit poster

Hello,
    I just updated Ubuntu 16 to Ubuntu 18 in Parallels VM (Mac host). Upon login, I am prompted with a message from Parallels Tools, "Some of the required kernel modules are missing. To solve this problem, please try to reinstall Parallels Tools using the the Virtual Machine menu."
    The problem is, when I try to do so, the action normal titled "Reinstall Parallels Tools" is replaced by text "Installing Parallels Tools..." and is grayed out. It has been that way for hours, even after reinstalling parallels tools in a Win10 VM.

https://forum.parallels.com/threads...required-kernel-modules-being-missing.342669/
    This article suggests Parallels updates for new Ubuntu distros with low priority. Can anyone say whether Parallels 12 will support Ubuntu 18.04? And if so, is there a scheduled release date?

Thanks,
    Stephen

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Hi @StephenB14 , ubuntu 18.04 is incompatible with Parallels Desktop 12. Please try the trial version of Parallels Desktop 14 which is compatible with ubuntu 18.04. You can download Parallels Desktop 14 by using this link