Can not move PD license to my new Mac Book Pro

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by YangG, Dec 20, 2018.

1. YangG

YangG Bit poster

Dear

I want to use my license on my new laptop. I have signed off on the old instance and tried to activate on the new installation. It does not allow me to activate and complain as attached picture.

Could you please help ? Thanks a lot ! Screen Shot 2018-12-20 at 9.58.25 PM.png

2. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello YangG, We have reset the Parallels Desktop license key. kindly try to activate it. If the issue still persists, please execute the following command with Terminal < prlsrvctl activate-license-online >.

3. YangG

YangG Bit poster

Thank you for help. The PD is activated now. Thx.

4. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @YangG , thank you. Please reach us anytime for further assistance.

5. DmitryS5

DmitryS5 Bit poster

I am having similar problem. Had the logic board replaced on my Mac Book Pro and can not activate the license. The KB articel does not help - signed out of the Parallels on my other mac and still can not activate. Can you help?

Regards,
    Dmitry

6. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @DmitryS5 , we have reset the key. Please try to activate it now.

7. DmitryS5

DmitryS5 Bit poster

Hi @Arun@Parallels - thank you very much for your help. It worked now.
    Just an FYI - it looks like something has changed in the last few updates. I remember I was able to transfer licenses between my Mac couple of times without no problem. This time it did not work and the suggestions in the KB article to sign out on the other Mac did not work either (although based on the explanation they should). I think the functionality of explicitly "de-activating" the license on one of the computers is missing or something else is wrong and was introduced in the recent updates. Although I truly appreciate your help I should not have to go to the forum to make this work.

Thanks again,
    Dmitry

8. Hemnath@Parallels

Hemnath@Parallels Parallels Support

A limit has been placed on the activation counter of Parallels licenses, as part of increasing the enforcement of Parallels Desktop licensing policy and minimizing software piracy.

9. JoshuaA2

JoshuaA2 Bit poster

I replaced my macbook pro, with a new macbook pro. I am trying to activate my business license and receive the product license has reached the activation limit. I can sign into my parallels business portal, and i can see that (1) license is in use (my old macbook) how can i deactive that license so i can install on my new macbook pro

10. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello JoshuaA2, Kindly follow the instructions from this link and remove the old computer from the license and activate it in the new computer.

11. JoshuaA2

JoshuaA2 Bit poster

thanks that worked

12. JohnF23

JohnF23 Bit poster

Buenas tardes

Yo compre hace dias la licencia de Parallels Destopk para Mac y se me daƱo mi mac, estoy intentando activarla en mi nuevo equipo y me sale que aun esta asignado al equipo aterior y no encuentro como hacer mi cambio.

Les agradezco la ayuda

13. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

You are welcome, Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.