Parallels 14 does not convert my vmware fusion on macOS windows 7 machine

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ParallelsU209, Jan 16, 2019.

1. ParallelsU209

ParallelsU209 Bit poster

I followed all instructions: uninstalled VMTools, shut down the machine properly but Parallels displays a message saying "Converting, please wait" and doesn't move from there, even overnight. I have no idea how to overcome this and cannot use the test period.

2. Could you please generate the Problem report? Or your test period is over?

3. ParallelsU209

ParallelsU209 Bit poster

I tried again today and this time I received a message telling me the vmachine was not shut down but suspended. I reopened it in VMware, reinstalled the tools, did multiple shutdowns but to no avail, it is still not seen as shutdown although it is in VMware.
    Cannot upload report because it is too large.

4. I've found this KB for the VMware VM shutdown. You can try this for your VM. Plz provide us with the results.

5. ParallelsU209

ParallelsU209 Bit poster

Thanks Maria, however it does not apply to my VM fusion and situation. I do not use speciic scripts and on VM side, have no error. As far as VMWare is concerned my machine has been shut down properly.

6. Ok, and after properly shutdown, did you finish the migration without issue? Or the issue still persists?

7. ParallelsU209

ParallelsU209 Bit poster

Problem is still the same: shutdown in VMWare is done properly but Parallels thinks the VM is only interrupted. There is no way to change this on my side.

8. Please then generate the problem report using this KB article. Please firstly reproduce the issue and then generate report. Please reply us back with the report ID number.

9. Hi @ParallelsU209 we've received your reply "This is the report number: 296289632"
    Thanks a lot for cooperation, we will be check it and investigate the issue.

Also we've report about you issue and provide Parallels Engineering team with it. Once we get any info, we will let you now.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  10. mmika

mmika Pro

Hi @ParallelsU209, what's size of your VMWare VM? Check there is free space available for its copy during conversion.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  11. ParallelsU209

ParallelsU209 Bit poster

My VMWare VM is 33 Gb, the destination is 1 Tb free

12. arakana

arakana Bit poster

I do not use speciic scripts and on VM side, have no error.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2019