Can't record screen any more

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by WilfriedT, Jan 25, 2019.

1. WilfriedT

WilfriedT Bit poster

Please see attached file. I' getting this error message with all screen record features. does anyone know??

Attached Files:

2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello WilfriedT,
    please send report with technical details (open Toolbox --> cogwheel --> Help --> Send Technical Data) and post its ID here.

Please check the preferences of one of the recording tools (open Toolbox --> hover the tool -> press on cogwheel) - is it configured to record the sound? If yes then what is the audio source?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  3. WilfriedT

WilfriedT Bit poster

Hi sergk, finally I upgraded ParallelsDesktop to version 14. But I am wondering why this feature (and really the whole screenshot-feature) didn't work. I thought that this feature (and all the others I bought) will work for lifetime and not only for 1 year.

4. sergk

> But I am wondering why this feature (and really the whole screenshot-feature) didn't work. I thought that this feature (and all the others I bought) will work for lifetime and not only for 1 year.
    The workability of these tools doesn't depend on license you're using. So we need to understand why your recording tools are not working.

Please check the preferences of one of the recording tools (open Toolbox --> hover the tool with mouse -> press on cogwheel) - is it configured to record the sound? If yes then what is the audio source?

5. WilfriedT

WilfriedT Bit poster

Now, after upgrading to Parallels Desktop 14 everything works fine !

Attached Files:

6. sergk

> Now, after upgrading to Parallels Desktop 14 everything works fine !
    glad to hear it!
    But, anyway, if you send us technical report we can understand why tools were not working before the upgrade.

7. WilfriedT

WilfriedT Bit poster

8. sergk

Thanks for the report, it will help us to research and work out your problem.