Windows 10 not Full Screen

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by TimS16, Feb 9, 2019.

1. TimS16

TimS16 Bit poster

When I opened my Mac this morning I noticed that there was a new OS upgrade installed and a reboot was required. When I opened Windows 10 on my Parallels the full screen is no longer full screen. The space that is normally taken by the dock and windows toolbar is no longer reclaimed by Windows. I went ahead and uninstalled and reinstalled Parallels to see if this would resolve the issue but it did not.

Has anyone else seen this issue lately?

2. KebhaK@Parallels

KebhaK@Parallels Hunter

Are you unable to use Windows in full screen mode or coherence mode? If possible can you post the screen shot of the issue here to investigate it further.

3. TimS16

TimS16 Bit poster

Windows works fine in full screen and coherence mode. When in full screen, windows will not use the full screen. It continues to reserve the space at the top for the toolbar and the bottom for the dock.

I've attached screenshots. I had to scale them down because the images were too large but I think thew show what you need.

Attached Files:

4. TimS16

TimS16 Bit poster

So I found the issue. When the OSX update was installed, Parallels entered window move. When I switched it back to full screen, Windows chose some obscure resolution based on keeping the dock and toolbar visible. I was able to go into the windows display settings and set it back to the correct resolution and the full screen was used.

5. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello TimS16, We are glad to hear that you resolved the issue and thank you for the information provided. Please feel free to reach us any time for any queries regarding Parallels.