"system thread exception not handled" error with windows 10

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by KenL1, Apr 10, 2016.

1. KenL1

KenL1 Bit poster

Hi all

I'm new to this forum and I've recently installed Parallels Version 11.1.3 on my Macbook Pro Retina 15 Running OSX El Capitan. After installation of Windows 10 Home edition, the BSOD appears with error "system thread exception not handled" and just goes into a continuous restart loop. I've tried searching google for answers but none is relevant to parallels.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me!
    Screen Shot 2016-04-11 at 10.12.33 AM.png

2. Sylvester@Parallels

Sylvester@Parallels Parallels Support

3. KenL1

KenL1 Bit poster

Hi Thanks for getting back to me.
    I've tried to press F8 but it just ends up freezing. I've attached a screenshot of the screen. What do i do from here?

Attached Files:

4. Arunn

Arunn Parallels Support

Hey KenL1,
    Follow the steps below:
    1. Stop all other unwanted application running on the Mac side.
    2. Isolate Windows and Mac.
    3. Increase the RAM memory on Windows and follow the steps provided before. Let us know if the issue persists.

5. KenL1

KenL1 Bit poster

I'm almost a little embarrassed to admit this but I think I figured out what the issue was. After installation I still had my USB attached which had the Windows 10 installation file. Not sure why having it still plugged in would prompt the BOSD but unplugged it and it worked.

I'll put it out there in case there are others out there that are equally as challenged as I am haha! Thanks for all your help though!

6. Sasti@Parallels

Sasti@Parallels Parallels Support

Hello KenL1, Great that you were able to figure this out.
    Hello KenL1, Great that you were able to figure this out and thanks for posting the solution. Let us know if you need any assistance from Parallels.

7. AlexD2

AlexD2 Bit poster

I had the same problem. Thank you, this helped me fix it.

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that! Feel free to reach us anytime for support.

9. JosefS2

JosefS2 Bit poster

Here is how to Fix "System Thread Exception not handled" in Windows 10

1:- Right-click on "Start" icon positioned at the bottom left corner of your screen. Click on "Device Manager".

2:- Double click on "Display Adapters". Right click on the video driver installed on your system and click on "Properties".

3:- Click on "Uninstall" to remove your video adapter driver software. Click on "OK" to finish this step.

4:- Install the newer version of your driver by downloading it from the hardware website. For instance, say https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

Source:- http://merabheja.com/fix-system-thread-exception-not-handled-in-windows-10/

10. MackT

MackT Bit poster

Here is how to fix KMODE Exception not handled Error in Windows 10
    1 - Press windows key + I together to open settings panel.
    2 - Now, click on system.
    3 - Now, click on Power & Sleep from the left menu and click on additional power settings from the right.
    4 -Now, click on choose what the power buttons do.
    5 - Now, click on change settings that are currently unavailable.
    6 - Now, uncheck the option saying turn on fast startup.
    7 - Finally press ok.

11. tapyd

tapyd Bit poster

In order to get rid of "system thread exception not handled" error on Windows 10 you should follow the below given solutions one by one.

Method 1: Update the driver that may cause the problem

Method 2: Check for BIOS update

Method 3: Confirm that any hardware installed is compatible with your Windows (for Windows 10)

12. steves19

steves19 Bit poster

Yesterday I experienced the same green error screen
    Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 08.00.42.png
    and then I got stuck in the automatic repair loop,
    Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 08.00.23.png
    not being able to boot into windows or any other start up mode.
    Today I've updated Paralles to the latest version and still no success. I also tried other tips like increasing RAM of the VM. Windows is isolated and no USB devices are connected.
    Any tips?

NicholausH1 likes this.
  13. NicholausH1

NicholausH1 Bit poster

I'm getting exactly the same thing and appear to be stuck. I've also got Windows Insider Build.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  14. KiranK1

KiranK1 Bit poster

15. NicholausH1

NicholausH1 Bit poster

I can't seem to find this issue raised anywhere else. Any other suggestions to fix it?

16. Richardv11

Richardv11 Bit poster

same problem her. couldn't fix my windows insider built so far and i'm stuck in the loop. Parallels, any help, please?

17. AkshyaK

AkshyaK Bit poster

To fix "system_thread_exception_not_handled" BSOD error. First, boot Windows into Safe Mode. Then, run SFC and DISM Scan. Also, try to increase RAM memory on Windows. Though, In normal Windows PC, this error screen appears due to incompatible, outdated or corrupted Drivers. So, I suggest you uninstall any recent drivers and recent Windows update first.
    Also, I suggest you read the article on, system thread exception not handled. In my Windows PC, I was able to solve this error, because of this article.

18. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to see your active participation. We appreciate you for sharing these steps here.