Problem: Can only print double-sided

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JeremyB7, Mar 15, 2018.

1. JeremyB7

JeremyB7 Bit poster

I have the latest version of Parallels 13 running the latest version of Windows 10 on the latest version of Mac OS X. All software is up-to-date. I can print fine from my Mac to my two connected printers (Canon imageCLASS MF244dw and HP OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus), but whenever I try to print to either printer in Windows the printers will only print double sided. All double-sided print features are off on the printers and in Windows print dialogue boxes. I want to print one side per page. Please help -- this is not a printer issue per se, this happens only when I am printing from Windows running in Parallels.

2. Arun@Parallels

Arun@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi @JeremyB7 , to isolate the issue, please try to give a test print from Notepad on your Windows and check if the same issue happens and keep us posted.

3. jal246

jal246 Bit poster

I am having the same problem. It did happen in WordPad and also in Quickbooks when I try to print checks. I've checked all the settings and it shows them being one-sided. I have an hp all-in-one 8620

4. AJ@Parallels

AJ@Parallels

Hello jal246, Kindly start the Windows virtual machine and go to the top menu bar, click on Actions--> Configure--> Hardware--> Share Printer--> please enable the " Show page setup before printing " and check if it helps.

5. JoseL12

JoseL12 Bit poster

Thanks AJ. This is exactly the answer to this problem. For some reason, QB lost that step of showing the page setup, which is where one can specify the double or single sided printing option. It used to appear automatically, then one day it just started skipping it and going directly to print, and using double-sided as the default (wasting a lot of check stock). Following your suggestion, the page setup step is restored and the problem is solved. Many thanks!

6. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

We are glad to hear that the issue is solved by enabling "Show page Setup". QB support might not be aware of VM settings that is the reason they were unable to suggest it. Let us know if you have any questions regarding Parallels Desktop.

7. PatrickS21

PatrickS21 Bit poster

This is a work around not a solution! Please come with a real solution. In my workspace it's asking me extra tasks which are unnecessary!
    Since Version 14 more problems to solve then ever!

8. Ajith1

Ajith1 Parallels Support

Let us know the issue you are facing with Parallels Desktop.

9. PatrickS21

PatrickS21 Bit poster

Since latest upgrade all of a sudden there is a printer issue, all pages come out double sided! The solution provided above generates extra pop up windows.

10. Hi Patrick, please try these steps and let us know the results.

11. NancyW2

NancyW2 Bit poster

Thanks this helped me solve this problem that had been bugging me for months!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  12. GilR

GilR Bit poster

Aj, may you be blessed! I have had this problem for longer than I care to admit, and your solution worked!!! Thank you very much!!