Windows cannot access \\Mac\Home\Desktop

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by ShigeY1, Apr 12, 2019.

1. ShigeY1

ShigeY1 Bit poster

I switched from MacBook Pro to iMac.
    Both OS-X 10.13.6
    Parallels 14 + Win7

then got following error.

Windows cannot access \\Mac\Home\Desktop
    Erro Code: 0x800704b3

I searched for solution and found following sentence but I can't find that action menu.
    "start the virtual machine. Select Actions (from the Mac menu bar) -> Reinstall Parallels Tool"

What can I do?

2. Hi, in order to find Actions menu, activate your VM and go on the top Mac menubar.
    Please check the screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

ShigeY1 likes this.
  3. NormanT2

NormanT2 Bit poster

I too have the same problem but perhaps more. I have Parallels 14, and have successfully loaded Windows 10.1 and Quickbooks 2017 and then as well Windows XP and Quickbooks 2003 all of which were working. When I went to install Quicken 2007 it would not install and gave me the message Windows cannot access//Mac/Home/Documents I tried several solutions none worked and now when I try to save Quickbooks 2003 under Windows XP I get the message that access to //Mac/Home/Deskstop is not available. So in reading the forum I note the above post about "reinstall Parallels Tool" I wen to my Parallels program and found this is not an option when I open the top MAC Menu Bar. All other options are there but not that one. HELP,,,,,,

4. ShigeY1

ShigeY1 Bit poster

Thank you very much! It works!!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. ChrisF3

ChrisF3 Bit poster

"Reinstall Parallels Tools" is greyed out and not clickable.
    upload_2019-7-9_17-12-41.png upload_2019-7-9_17-12-41.png upload_2019-7-9_17-12-41.png