Problem with Prl_client_app

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by StefanoZ2, Apr 12, 2019.

1. StefanoZ2

StefanoZ2 Bit poster

Hi, I have a problem with my Parallels 14, from some time if I try to start parallels I receive an error with the Prl_client_app process, forcing the app to crash. I tried to uninstall it and install it again, but it keeps me from installing the app. What happened? Could it be the latest Mac OS upgrade (10.14.4) ?

Thank you for your help

2. StefanoZ2

StefanoZ2 Bit poster

Thank you Maria, but it is not a problem caused by PT, because it happens even with parallels uninstalled from the system, or at least the main app (I never searched for every .plist or secondary files stored around)

3. Maybe the Parallels Desktop was not completely removed.
    Could you please check the application folder or find the Parallels components via Terminal?

4. StefanoZ2

StefanoZ2 Bit poster

Sure, can you send me the correct command for a better search?

5. CarloP3

CarloP3 Bit poster

Buona sera, ho lo stesso problema riscontrato da altri utenti.La mia cpu va anche al 150% di uso e questo accade da quando uso parallels 14.
    Ho disinstallato parallels tools e l'uso della cpu è tornato normale 3,8 % in stand-by di win 10.
    Ho provato ad installare di nuovo parallels tools e di nuovo la cpu è impazzita...oltre 150%. Ho rimosso nuovamente paralles tools e tutto è tornato nella norma.....ora però ho molte difficoltà ad usare windows dovuto ai minori tools a disposizione. Attendo supporto.
    Buona sera

6. you can try this command
    mdfind -name Parallels Desktop

StefanoZ2 likes this.
  7. Hi, please try steps from this KB article https://kb.parallels.com/116263