Archive will not open

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by SimonB12, Nov 2, 2018.

1. SimonB12

SimonB12 Bit poster

Hi All,

I have stupidly archived my windows 10 VM, so I have tried to unarchive it and i get the message
    Not enough free disk space to unarchive this virtual machine
    30.36 GB of free disk space is required. To try reducing other virtual machines' disk size to free up some of that space, click "Free Up Disk Space
    I have 111Gb available on my mac, when I click on free up disk space it just shows a screen showing windows 10 has been archived...and I am stuck

Any help welcome

Ta

2. Hi SimonB12. Please provide the total and available hard disk space on the Mac and the size of the archived virtual machine file.

3. AdofG

AdofG Bit poster

Hi, I am facing the same error. Is there a solution to this?

4. rick1221

rick1221 Bit poster

The thing is that the archive will not open unless we can not authenticate our email account while installing it. I have also faced the same issue and then bu doing recover Gmail password I have opened the archive and the installation has also completed.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  5. Hey, guys, did you try step from this article?
    Also could you please provide us with the screenshot of error message?

6. RobinW5

RobinW5 Bit poster

I also cannot unarchive Windows 10 in Parallels Desktop 14 for Mac, Business Edition. I was confused about memory management in Parallels, and reduced the size of the hard drive. I'm sad to say I just wasn't thinking when I archived Windows, and decided to unarchive immediately after creating the archive. Now I cannot unarchive Windows 10, as I get the same error message described above: "there isn't enough free disk space to unarchive this virtual machine." The suggestion was to free some memory by clicking "free up disk space." However, when I did that, I got a screen saying only that Windows is archived. I tried to go back and increase the size of the hard drive, which I had increased earlier, but the Properties button is grayed out; so I'm unable to access the function that allows me to make the hard drive bigger. I have attached screenshots that should give you an idea of what I've described.

I would very much appreciate your help in fixing this. Thank you!
    Robin

Attached Files:

7. Hi, @RobinW5 and what about your Mac disk size?

8. RobinW5

RobinW5 Bit poster

It's a 500 GB SSD with ~200 GB available. Please see the attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

9. RobinW5

RobinW5 Bit poster

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  10. @RobinW5 it's a great news! Thanks for sharing results.

11. Kamlesh-Singh-Bisht

Kamlesh-Singh-Bisht Bit poster

I'm sad to say I just wasn't thinking when I archived Windows and decided to unarchive immediately after creating the archive. Now I cannot unarchive Windows 10, as I get the same error message described above: "there isn't enough free disk space to unarchive this virtual machine." The suggestion was to free some memory by clicking "free up disk space." You can solve this problem by dialing Windows Live mail support number.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2019
  12. NeilM9

NeilM9 Bit poster

hi I am having exactly the same issue and have run clean my mac which has cleaned an extra 1 gb or so but still and getting the message not enough free space

13. Hi, did you try the suggestion above? I mean about the purgeable space.

14. BryanJ3

BryanJ3 Bit poster

Hi. I am having the same problem. I do not have any "purgeable" disk space. It is all listed as available. Parallels says I need 50gb and I have over 90gb available. Feeling stupid, generally, for archiving the VM.

15. Please generate the tech.report after the issue reproduced and reply us with the report's ID.

16. MailHelp

MailHelp Bit poster

You must restart your PC after it will work
    oops... a server error occurred and your email was not sent. (#007)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2019