Windows 10 does not recognize usb printer

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by RamonC, May 23, 2016.

1. RamonC

RamonC Bit poster

Hello everybody,

I have been using Parallels on my Mac for two years now and I'm fully satisfied with it. I'm actually running OS X El Capitan on the Mac and Windows 10 Pro 64 bit on the virtual machine, both regularly updated to the latest specs. Parallels version is Parallels Dektop 11 for Mac.

That said, I've just encountered a problem that I'm unable to solve, despite plenty of internet searches:
    On the virtual machine, I'm trying to install a HP LaserColor CM1312 MFP printer-scanner combo. For that, I've downloaded the Windows 10 driver from the HP website and I've tried to install it. All seems to go well, until a certain point when the setup program asks to connect the USB plug to the computer. Then I do it... and nothing happens, the "continue" button keeps being grayed and the only option at that point is to quit the installation program. It seems as if Windows doesn't recognize that I have plugged the USB cable to the computer. However, Windows "sees" something, because a generic device called "HP CM1312 printer-scanner" appears on the "printers and devices" screen, but it's just an icon, without any driver attached to it, all its properties are either null or grayed.

My Parallels settings are:
    • Mac and Windows run in "isolated" mode and I wouldn't like to change this.
    • Mac and Windows printers NOT shared. In fact, if I share them, the printer works OK, which could be an emergency solution, but the scanner does not.
    • USB connection: set to "ask every time", which Parallels duly does when I switch the USB cable to the computer and then I select the Windows virtual machine, but nothing more happens. I've also tried in "connect always to VM" mode, to no avail.

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance
    Ramon

2. Raj@Parallels

Raj@Parallels Guest

Hey @RamonC,
    Please follow this steps also try reinstalling Parallels Tools refer this for more information and check how it works.

3. RichardB25

RichardB25 Bit poster

Hope your problem was solved.

4. Did you got the same issue?