Windows 10 VM Freezes in Parallels 13 - Windows 7 VMs are OK

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by BenB11, Jun 28, 2018.

1. OttoB1

OttoB1 Bit poster

This is really annoying, the issue keeps bugging me. Looks like it has something to do with audio - my freezes occur whenever Windows shows an alert. I've deleted the 'Parallels audio driver' in windows device manager and that fixes it (for now).

2. kenp3

kenp3 Bit poster

I don't know if this is the same, but in the last six months, I'm getting lots of "resume" never resuming errors. The only solution I've found is to reboot my mac. Then it works for a few days before going into this mode again. Latest Mac OS and latest Parallels.

3. Hi, could you please provide us with the screenshot of the "resuming error" once it reoccurs

4. daleqq

daleqq Bit poster

Same frozen happened during most of the start up time.
    With Technical Report: 312964114

5. Did you try Actions -> Reset options?

6. daleqq

daleqq Bit poster

Just try with "Reset" option, seems fine at the moment, will test it in coming days.
    Thanks.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  7. daleqq

daleqq Bit poster

Few days later, freeze happened again. Technical Report: 314781877

8. oliverd3

oliverd3 Bit poster

I never changed keyboard - mouse settings for virtual machine, so I'm using defaults.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2019
  9. SteveD4

SteveD4 Bit poster

Just wanted to report that I had the same Windows 10 symptoms as described and the RESET option worked for me. Windows restarted and I was able to regain control.

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  10. SheilaS3

SheilaS3 Bit poster

I have had this problem with windows 7 and 10 and have used Parallels for five years now on two different Macs. I have spent countless hours searching for a solution. It will take hours for my VM to reload when it freezes and if I even attempt to use the Mac side while it is doing this the whole computer freezes. I do not understand why this issue is not being addressed. I have purchase every upgrade in the past five years and thought up upgrading my Mac (6 months ago) that this would resolve the issue. This is obviously a parallels issue. Please provide us with a permanent solution!!!!!!!

11. BusterS

BusterS Bit poster

I have tried updating windows 10 1903 under os 10.14.6. After restarting the windows screen goes black and freezes the entire system mac and windows. Have to restart mac OS. Now I don't have a working windows machine. Any suggestions.

12. SheilaS3

SheilaS3 Bit poster

I followed many of the posts here and did a few things
    1-I disabled any windows updates
    2-I followed these directions:
    1. Start the Windows 10 virtual machine and right-click the Start button.
    2. Click Search.
    3. Type Control Panel and hit Enter on your keyboard.
    4. Click Power Options.
    5. Click Choose what the power buttons do.
    6. Click Change settings that are currently unavailable.
    7. Click Turn on fast startup (recommended) so that the checkmark disappears.
    8. Click Save changes.
    If you want to re-enable fast startup at any point, simply repeat the steps so a checkmark appears next to Turn on fast startup.

My computer as freezing every week and I would literally have to start the virtual machine and not touch it for 3 or more hours before windows would finally restart. So far it is working again but it has only been one week so we shall see.

13. NunoL

NunoL Bit poster

Hi.

Been having these issues for months. Disabled Trim and Fast Startup. Seams to work better now. If it does not, I will not probably renew.

I would like to know the stance of Parallels regarding disabling Trim. What side effects might there be?

Cheers.

14. SheilaS3

SheilaS3 Bit poster