Start Menu Location in 1903

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DanM9, Jun 15, 2019.

1. DanM9

DanM9 Bit poster

I have a Windows VM with 1903 installed on it. When I click the VM icon in my dock the Windows Start Menu is positioned to the left of the screen (see Screenshot). Also when right clicking on anything in the start menu the entire background goes grey. All of this is in coherence mode running Parallels 14.1.3 and macOS 10.14.5

In previous versions of Windows this wouldn't happen

Is there anything I can do to fix this.

Screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/KOZSdIx
    https://imgur.com/a/4J0TBnD

2. @DanM9, did you try to reinstall Parallels Tools and check the issue?

3. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

Maria, this looks a compatibility issue with the latest Windows 1903 feature update. Reinstalling Parallels Tools won't fix this. I contacted @ParallelsCares on Twitter, had a remote session with one of the support executives and confirmed that this is an impending issue. However, the team now wants technical report details from the previous Windows 10 version (prior to 1903) to compare and work on a fix. Can you confirm with the team if a fix is on the agenda?

4. DanM9

DanM9 Bit poster

I did try to re-install the parallels tools. It had no effect.

My guess is the issue is related to the fact that the 1903 start menu runs in its own process.

5. Se-youngS

Se-youngS Junior Member

I have the same issue with the Windows 1903 feature update.

6. FrancescoC1

FrancescoC1 Bit poster

Same issue also for me. Are the team working on a fix?

7. Guys, please generate problem report right after the issue reproduce and reply us back with the report ID

8. JohanS4

JohanS4 Bit poster

See this screen recording: https://imgur.com/qEKhpXQ
    I have P12, just updated to Win10 1903 from 1803 (which was fine). I have reinstalled P Tools - no change.[​IMG]
    I run dual monitors. Whenever I try to use both monitors (full screen or not), the mouse is somehow registering click events at a different location than the cursor.

9. Hi, unfortunately I cannot open your video, and what about start menu location in Windows 1903?Does it appear correctly?

10. JohanS4

JohanS4 Bit poster

Yes, everything appears in the correct place , except the desktop background picture.

11. JohnG28

JohnG28 Bit poster

Has there been any progress, or at least recognition, of this problem? It's getting a bit annoying having the start menu in the bottom left corner when the VM icon is on toward the right end of the dock.

12. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

No sign of even an acknowledgement, John. I had two remote sessions with two technical resources. They've collected details, they said they would get back to me on this, and that's been almost 3 weeks now.
    What's pissing me off is that it's quite straightforward to recreate. Just install Windows 1903 on a VM and see for themselves. If they're wondering how to resolve it, at least we should be informed of that. I'm a software consultant myself. I know s**t happens with any software. It's how they're managed, which makes the difference. Let's hope we get some update from the team soon.

13. Guys, Parallels Engineering team currently works on the issue resolution. Please reproduce the issue and generate the problem report right after that.
    Reply us back with the report's ID.
    Looking forward to your reply.

14. JohnG28

JohnG28 Bit poster

Done. Report ID = 317304159.

15. Thanks a lot for your cooperation with us, I've forwarded your tech report to the Parallels Engineering team and once we we get any updates we will contact you immediately

16. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

I have the same issue after upgrade to windows 10 1903 in coherence mode.
    My macOS version is 10.14. 5 and Parallels Desktop version is 14.1.3.

17. Hi, if you create the problem report after the issue reoccurs and reply us beck with the report ID, it'll be very helpful.

18. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

Is there any update on this? The incompatibility with Windows 1903 is affecting more with each passing day. I've generated several report IDs and sent to the technical team. Is there anything more we could do to help?

19. lolekpraha

lolekpraha Bit poster

The same here. Incompatibility with Windows 1903. Start menu and transparency issues. Reinstalling Parallels Tools did not helped.