Windows 10 - Start Screen and Search Box

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Broomst, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Broomst

Broomst Bit poster

Since installing this week I have been left with the both the Windows 10 Start Panel and Search Box out of line with the dock when running Windows 10 in Coherence Mode on Parallels 14 - see screenshot. Any Ideas? I upgraded to 1903 OS build 18362.145.

Attached Files:

2. Broomst

Broomst Bit poster

Anybody with any suggestions on this?? or best to submit a formal support request?

3. Hi, just as a possible solution please reinstall Parallels Tools and check.
    Also please provide us with the step-by-step issue description, generate the problem report right after the issue reoccurs and reply us back with the report ID.

4. iCocktail

iCocktail Bit poster

I have the same issue after the last windows 10 update
    A grey border is displayed around windows element (start menu, notification pane, some modal windows,...) sometime, it's just the shadow that is not well placed (a few pixel wider than the element to shadow)
    And another set of visual glitches :
    • the login screen is messy A lot of flickering (image to black, black to images)
    • the blur effect around the user/password does not cover all screen
    • sometimes, no test is displayed (just a input field to enter pin)
    • in the mac os top menu bar I see a lot (more than 20) small icon with an orange dot indicating that windows should be restarted to apply updates
    There is not specific step-by-step, just run the windows update and all problem occurs.
    I reinstalled // tools without any result.

5. Hi, could you generate the problem report when the issue reoccurs, please and reply us back with the report ID?

6. iCocktail

iCocktail Bit poster

As requested, here is the technical report ID : 317651493

kind regards

7. iCocktail

iCocktail Bit poster

I've reproduced some of my findings.
    Here is 2 screenshots
    • The shutdown screen is only partially displayed
    • The login screen don't display any text or text field, only a blinking cursor
    Par-desk-2.png Par-desk-3.jpg
    Another issue that I was unable to capture : when a windows notification appears in the bottom right corner, there is a huge gray border around it.
    I had not these issues before updating windows to version 1903 (windows 10 PRO N)