Start Menu Location in 1903

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DanM9, Jun 15, 2019.

1. lolekpraha

lolekpraha Bit poster

Thank you. Many others did it before. So I did it too. I gave you part of my time. Hope it had not been useless. Thank you!

2. JohnG28

JohnG28 Bit poster

It is useless. It is trivial to reproduce the issue - simply create a new Windows 10 VM (pre-1903) and it works great. Update it to 1903 and it doesn't. I've done this three times now, same result. I don't think they need more data, I think they don't know how to fix it.

3. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

This issue is not such hard to reproduce, you just upgrade any build 1806 vm to build 1930, you will find the problem.

4. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

I've already given almost 5 report IDs with your technical team while they were troubleshooting this issue over couple of remote sessions. I need an update for what I've already reported and provided details for. Not for any new issue(s).

5. we're currently working on this issue with the Parallels Engineering Team.
    Once we get any updates we will contact you here or by email.

6. You're right, but if we receive from you a lot of numbers of reports, we will be able to increase the level of this issue. We are asking for reports from you in order to resolve the issue much faster then without it.
    Thanks in advance for understanding.

7. tattsenglee@gmail.com

tattsenglee@gmail.com Junior Member

It has been almost 1.5 months and there is still no bug fix for this issue. I have used Parallels since version 2.0 and have noticed the decline in customer service and quality of the product. It looks like they may have outsourced their customer support to some 3rd party company in India which keeps on giving the same robot like response - "create the problem report after the issue reoccurs and reply us beck with the report ID".
    How many problem report is needed before the development team will even look at this defect? As many have pointed out, this problem is easily reproducible back in Parallels' lab.
    With the latest release of Microsoft Office for Mac I am seeing less and less the need for Parallels in my work, except for some applications that are not available on Mac yet. This version of Parallels may be my last upgrade looking at the way things are going with Parallels.
    Sad. So Sad. (imagine trump saying it)

8. tattsenglee@gmail.com

tattsenglee@gmail.com Junior Member

And before the robot asks me for my Report ID, it is 318746615

9. AlexN2

AlexN2 Bit poster

And still nothing from Parallels. Guess they're busy loading up the bugs for Parallels 15 which they'll force us to use to get a fix for 1903 in PD 14.

I wish, I really do, that I had made the decision in the PD6 timeframe to base my daily work on Fusion. Yes it's slower, but a bug like this would have been fixed in the current release in weeks.

10. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

I desperately hope that Microsoft wouldn't release 1907/1909 after PD15 (or a fix) is released. That would further mess things up.

11. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

Any progress?

12. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

Parallels Desktop v15 is available now, which addresses this issue partially. I've raised a support request with necessary details. I'm not sure if there will ever be a fix for v14.

13. StanislavZ

StanislavZ Hunter

What else is missing about start menu in Parallels Desktop 15?
    Regarding twitter report, VaidyM, what scenario requires you to change primary monitor in Windows settings?
    Primary monitor is selected by monitor where VM window was.

14. JohnG28

JohnG28 Bit poster

PD15 completely solves the problem for me.
    I also really like the speed improvements - especially when launching MS Office apps.

15. VaidyM

VaidyM Junior Member

As I had mentioned while creating the report, Start Menu works as it should. However Windows OS goes blank (as in, windows and apps greyed out) when I try to change the primary monitor under multiple displays environment.
    Now, I need to have the ability to change the primary display for Windows OS, in order to see all the pop up dialogs, messages, alerts and even the application launch on the display that I choose. For instance, when I work on Visual Studio, all the dev dialog boxes/messages pop up on different display than the one I have the VS IDE on. Which makes things difficult.
    Apart from this quirk, StanislavZ, v15 fixes everything else we had on v14. It's definitely great, but not perfect yet.

16. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

It's a bug, not a new feature. I am very upset if I have to pay to upgrade to get the fix.

17. FrancescoC1

FrancescoC1 Bit poster

Fixed on Parallels 15 !!

Maria@Parallels likes this.
  18. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

Will parallels dev team backport this bug fixed to parallels 14?

19. MarkW23

MarkW23 Junior Member

Will parallels dev team backport this bug fixed to parallels 14?