No internet connection on Windows side - P15 trial version

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by michaelw52, Aug 13, 2019.

1. michaelw52

michaelw52 Bit poster

I've done everything I can think of or was directed to do...I have the system requirements and it opens fine...it recognizes the IP address, but will not connect. A trial version should be plug and play since the point is to tempt people into purchasing. Has anyone else had this issue? Any fixes?
    thanks!

2. Hi, did you try to reinstall Parallels Tools?
    If it will not work for you, please try these steps

3. michaelw52

michaelw52 Bit poster

thanks Maria, i have reinstalled Parallels Tools more than once...i've been trying to get this to work for many hours...i have just completed your recommended steps and there was nothing under Network Adaptors other than Parallels Ethernet Adapter #2 and it said it was working properly

4. michaelw52

michaelw52 Bit poster

any other suggestions?

5. michaelw52

michaelw52 Bit poster

yes...everything up to step 8 which required me to insert a Windows disk that of course i don't have! i really want this to work and i'm pretty amazed that it doesn't...as i said, i have the system requirements...i should just work :(

6. michaelw52

michaelw52 Bit poster

7. AdamL2

AdamL2 Bit poster

I had this issue too. This experience hosed my current running copy of Windows 10. Fortunately, it wasn't long ago that I took a snapshot so I didn't lose much. I can't be certain that your cause is mine, but after playing with my latest snapshot and having a similar experience of failing Parallels installs several times with that annoying network error, I figured out that it was IOBIT Uninstaller automatically "cleaning" (uninstalling) the Parallels Installer tool before it was done with the installation.

So I did a snapshot restore again, then as soon as Windows booted, I was able to get into IOBITS Uninstaller settings and turned off Auto clean/ auto uninstall options before Parallels Tools Installer got to the section where it does some cleanup operations. My Windows 10 guest VM is fine now.

The specific settings in question are:

Automatically remove residual files.
    Delete leftover files to Recycle Bin.
    Automatically delete leftovers of program uninstalled by other uninstaller.

That being said, I'm not sure how one would fix your issue if you don't have a snapshot handy, but maybe it would shine a light on exactly where your issue is for someone who knows how to go in and restore/fix damaged system configurations.

iobitsuninstallersettingsscreenshot.png

michaelw52 likes this.
  8. Then could you generate the tech report after the issue reproduced, please?
    Looking forward to your reply with the report ID

9. michaelw52

michaelw52 Bit poster

sent report...i didn't see an ID

10. DiegoN

DiegoN Bit poster

Same problem here: everything worked perfectly on my iMac Pro with version 13 and 14, but with version 15 my Windows 10 doesn't have Internet connection anymore.
    The only solution I found is to go back to version 14 and wait a more stable release: very unhappy (I have to reniew my license in 6 days but I will not until my problems will be resolved by a new update).

11. Please try the following:
    1. Go to Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.
    2. Run the command:

prlsrvctl problem-report --send

3. Wait for the technical report to be generated and send. After a successful report submission you will see this message in Terminal: The problem report was successfully sent with id: 123546569
    4. Copy and reply us back with 9-digit Problem Report ID

12. Hey, please reproduce the issue (try to open web browser for example) and generate the tech. report.
    Please reply us back with the report's ID.