Parallels 15 installation

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by MarkM7, Aug 13, 2019.

1. MarkM7

MarkM7 Member

Anyone else having issues installing Parallels 15 ? The installer runs and then disappears without doing anything.

I'm running the Beta of Catalina so not sure if that is causing the issue.

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @MarkM7, yes is this one of the known issues with macOS Catalina. Please wait for a few minutes and a prompt for admin password should eventually appear.

3. vickiw1

vickiw1 Bit poster

Mine has stopped responding or doing anything on the licence selection page after I have selected "activate"- what do I do now?

4. AlexanderC7

AlexanderC7 Bit poster

I just got mine, but when I went to install, the initializing bar stays in the middle and won't move whatsoever. What is the problem here?

5. AlexanderC7

AlexanderC7 Bit poster

heres the problem, it wont move from this position. even after forcing my mac off and re-downloading the installer 3 times

Attached Files:

6. MarkN6

MarkN6 Bit poster

Just upgraded to Parallels 15 today. Windows 10 blue screen after upgrade. All attempts to repair have failed. Should have stayed on 14... Has anyone found a way to restore a virtual machine after upgrading?

Attached Files:

7. Hi, did you try the Windows automatic repair?

8. MarkN6

MarkN6 Bit poster

All attempts to repair fail. Only solution found was to deinstall version 15, delete corrupt .pvm file, fresh install ParallelsDesktop-14.1.0-45387 and restore .pvm from Time Machine. Appears I'm stuck with version 14 until a fix can be found for the version 15 installation.

9. @MarkN6 , I know that it will take your time, but could you please help us with the issue investigation? Could you please reproduce the issue with the 15 version, create the tech report and post here the report's ID.
    We will appreciate your help and cooperation.