Hide Menu Icons jerking my mouse around

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by CliffM1, Aug 22, 2019.

1. CliffM1

CliffM1 Bit poster

I have enabled only a single Toolbox app: Hide Menu Icons. Generally it works well. However, often after waking my Mac from sleep or disabling the screen-saver, my mouse cursor leaps all about the screen for many seconds. I can move it, but then it magically leaps to somewhere else. This happens for a bit and then settles down until the next time my Mac sleeps or locks the screen.

If I disable the Hide Menu Icons toolbox app, the problem immediately goes away, so I know that app is responsible.

Can Parallels fix this please? It's super annoying.

RaphaelF likes this.
  2. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    we're working on this issue, I hope we'll fix it in nearest releases of Parallels Toolbox.

3. sergk

sergk Parallels Developers

Hello,
    some days ago we released Parallels Toolbox version 3.6 where some of problems with Hide Menu Icons have been fixed.

Please make sure that your Parallels Toolbox is updated to version 3.6 and check behavior of Hide Menu Icons. If Hide Menu Icons is running, restart it.

4. RaphaelF

RaphaelF Junior Member

I have Parallels Toolbox Version 4.1.1 and I still have a similar if not the same problem: When I click on the icon to hide menu icons the pointer immediately jumps to the top, left-hand corner of the screen. It also happens randomly when I do not click the hide menu icons app. It's very frustrating. If I quit the app, it all goes away. So now I know for sure that it's the app that is causing the issue. My config:

upload_2021-2-3_15-14-38.png

upload_2021-2-3_15-15-5.png

upload_2021-2-3_15-16-48.png

Please fix, and advise. Thank you in advance, Raphael.