Mudbox and Intel Drivers Problem:

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by MichaelMcF, Sep 6, 2019.

1. MichaelMcF

MichaelMcF Bit poster

I am trying to run Autodesk Mudbox on my MacBook Pro 13-inch, 2018 laptop. It has Intel Iris Plus Graphics 655.
    When I launch the application it says "Mudbox requires a newer Intel Graphic Driver".
    Weirdly, Mudbox runs fine natively in MacOS without Parallels - so clearly my graphics is fine.
    You are probably thinking - "why don't you just run Mudbox natively in MacOS" - well the answer to that is I have a 3DConnexion Spacenavigator that will only work on the Windows version of Mudbox. Manufacturers too lazy to update their product to support Mudbox for MacOS.
    I have downloaded the following Intel Graphics drivers for Windows 10 (igfx_win10_100.7158.exe), but I am reluctant to install them in case I completely mess up my Windows installation on parallels.
    Any help would be great.

2. @MichaelMcF are you using the Parallels Desktop 15?

MichaelMcF likes this.
  3. MichaelMcF

MichaelMcF Bit poster

I am currently on 13.3.2. I haven't upgraded yet because I wanted to see how 15 performs using Metal and 3ds Max + Mudbox first. I am waiting for some user reviews. I am worried about stability.
    Will Parallels 15 ensure that Mudbox can run on my MBP?
    Thanks

4. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @MichaelMcF, we've checked Autodesk Revit 2020 and Autodesk 3ds Max 2020 in our lab with Parallels Desktop 15 and it was running absolutely fine. Unfortunately, we haven't checked Mudbox, but I encourage you to try it with Parallels Desktop 15 and let us know you feedback. You can always get back to 13.3.2 without any data loss.

5. MichaelMcF

MichaelMcF Bit poster

Okay so I've upgraded to 15 and Mudbox does actually run. So that's one step forward. I haven't tested it beyond running the app though.
    Problem now is that my Spacenavigator also doesn't work with Mudbox 2019 in Windows. I thought it was just a MacOS thing. Nothing you guys can assist with. Now onto 3DConnexion for some much needed support. Holeeeeeey!
    Anyway, thanks for the help.

Dmitry@Parallels likes this.