So there is no native Windows client?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration' started by BenjaminR3, Sep 17, 2019.

1. BenjaminR3

BenjaminR3 Bit poster

• I have yet to see a web browser app that provides equal performance to a native application.
    • When I am accessing my mac from windows, performance is definitely an issue (although I will concede that the weakest link in the chain may be elsewhere)
    So am I missing something? Is the only way to use parallels access on Windows really just through a web browser? I've seen the tips for increasing performance but I'm not keen on changing several mac options every time I want to use my mac remotely.

Thank you.

2. Hi, please provide us with more detailed info what exactly happened when you tried to access your Windows? Are you using the Parallels Access for it? Which version?

3. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

The best and fastest way to access both Mac and Windows computers is through a mobile app for both iOS and Android. We will consider adding a native desktop client app in the future.

4. BenjaminR3

BenjaminR3 Bit poster

Hi Alex,
    Thank you for the confirmation. I wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Indeed accessing my alternate desktops from another desktop is my primary use case, although the mobile access is a huge benefit.

I wouldn't be concerned about a native client if I weren't having such performance issues. I imagine my 2014 macbook pro might be struggling to record my desktop (it seems that is part of the process)..

I will keep an eye out in case a native app comes out.
    -Ben

5. Alex Patsay

Alex Patsay Parallels Team

I think what you are referring to is a slow refresh rate in remote session. It's not really a "performance" issue, it's how the web-browser app was designed. To provide the maximum compatibility with various browsers without requiring to install any additional software (no plugins, no extensions, no separate apps) the web-browser app essentially sends a series of images instead of video stream. It's not fast but it works everywhere. some trade-offs.