Can't play some games on my Parallels 13 installed Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by SerhanG, Apr 3, 2019.

Tags:
  1. SerhanG

SerhanG Bit poster

Hi to all,
    I am using my Macbook Pro 2017 for business purposes. But I am also a video game player, so I want to play games on my Macbook. It has Radeon Pro 560 GPU, 16 GB RAM and i7 processor. It can handle most of the games I think.
    Now, I am trying to play Division 2. I installed the game and when I clicked play I got an error "Render Initialization Error - Setting up the renderer failed. You might be trying the run the game on unsupported hardware or may need to reinstall drivers."
    What should I do to play this game properly on my Macbook?
    Thanks in advance for suggestions.
    Regards,

2. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @SerhanG, please send us a technical report after the game shows an error, via Parallels menu > Help > Send Technical Data...
    Please post the report ID here.

3. SerhanG

SerhanG Bit poster

Hello Dmitry,
    I sent the report. ID is 305907721.
    Awaiting your answers eagerly.
    Thanks.

4. Hi, we've provided Parallels Engineering team with this tech info. Once we get any updates we will let you know.

5. SerhanG

SerhanG Bit poster

Thanks for the update.
    By the way, I bought Sonnet Breakaway eGPU and tried with it installed RX570 8 GB but still got the same error. :/
    Ofc I did the configuration of Parallels uses eGPU. I monitored it from Activity Monitor.

6. MartinA10

MartinA10 Bit poster

I have the same "Setting up the renderer failed" when trying to launch Division 2.

7. Hi, I've got and update from the Engineering team. The Division 2 game need a DirectX 11 and Parallels Desktop 14 doesn't have it.
    Please check more info at this KB article

8. We'd like to inform you that DirectX 11 support was finally added in newly released Parallels Desktop 15.
    New Parallels Desktop version uses Apple Metal to virtualize DirectX 11, faster graphics and provides better eGPU support. Find more info at https://www.parallels.com/products/desktop/whats-new/ , upgrade and check.
    Your feedback will be appreciated.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  9. AlexA2

AlexA2 Member

Wait, DirectX 11 is a decade old. Are you saying DirectX 12 is nowhere near being supported in Parallels?

10. @AlexA2, DirectX 11 support in Parallels Desktop is the first ever in the virtualized Windows on a Mac.
    But we will be glad if you share your suggestion for the DirectX12 support at this thread.

11. manvit

manvit Bit poster

Yes, I am facing the same problem.... I do not know what to do. Eagerly waiting to play games on it.

12. Could you provide us with more details about the issue? Maybe you got any error message?

13. AndrewM21

AndrewM21 Bit poster

Hey! Can you please give me some more details??
    Thank you.