Sound from guest OS stutters when doing tasks on host OS

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by HeinB, Oct 19, 2019.

1. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

When I'm playing sound in my guest OS's (Windows 10, High Sierra and Mojave) it works great while I'm in the guest OS environment, but when I use the host OS the audio stutters (small gaps and distortions) when I'm opening applications, opening new tabs in Safari and other things.

I run Parallels Desktop Version 15.1.0 (47107) with the latest Parallels Tools installed. My guest OS's all run on 2 processors and have 8192MB memory assigned. My host OS is Mac OS Catalina 10.15 (19A583) on a MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017, Two Thunderbolt 3 ports, 2,3 GHz Dual-Core Intel Core i5, 16 GB RAM).

Hope there is a way to fix this.

2. Hi, do you have an issue with your Host audio stutters when your Parallels Desktop are running?

3. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

No, host audio works perfect when I'm using Parallels Desktop. When I stream music in the guest OS while using apps on the host OS the guest audio stutters.

4. Thanks a lot for the clarification.
    Which app are you using on the Mac side when your got an issue?
    Also please collect the tech report right after the issue reproduced and post the report's ID here.

5. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

In Safari when I open new tabs, searching in Spotlight and sometimes when I open applications.
    Technical Report ID: 324893969

6. IvanD@Parallels

IvanD@Parallels Staff Member

Thank for the provided technical information. Can you let us know how you stream music in all guest OSes? Also what format is used? Lossless, etc.

7. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

I mainly use the app Radium in Mac OS Mojave guest OS because this app doesn't work anymore on my host OS (Mac OS Catalina). But it isn't just this app that causes the audio stuttering, it's all the sound from this guest OS and the other guest OS's when they are in background.

8. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

I made a screenrecording where you can hear the audio in good condition in the Parallel's guest OS but it goes stuttering in the host OS when opening new tabs in Safari and searching with spotlight:

9. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

I updated to Parallels Desktop 15.1.1 (47117) and installed the latest Parallels Tools but the sound from the guest OS is still distorted when the guest OS is in the background:

10. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

Ivan and Maria, do you have an update regarding the bug?

11. Did you test this issue with the latest version 15.1.2?

12. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

I did, and the sound still distorts.

13. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

Any updates on a solution Maria, Ivan?

14. HeinB

HeinB Junior Member

Nothing?

15. Please sorry for the delay in response.
    Could you collect the tech report from the 15.1.2. version and post the report's id here please?