Network disappeared on windows guest OS

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AlekseyM2, Dec 22, 2019.

1. AlekseyM2

AlekseyM2 Member

In recent days Parallels is giving me more trouble than it did for three last years. Now out of a sudden network disappeared. I worked all day and it was just fine. Now when I need to push my work to github, the network is missing. Obviously the Mac does have the network, because I can write this message, but my guest machine does not see it. This is disgusting.

AndrewS11 likes this.
  2. megavolt17

megavolt17 Product Expert

I recently found that I had to change Hardware/Network from Shared Network (recommended) to Default Adaptor or Windows 10 had no network available. This was an old workaround in Parallels 14, I had not had to do it with Parallels 15 until now. I do not know if it was a Catalina update, a Windows update or a Parallels update that broke the recommended networking

AndrewS11 likes this.
  3. AlekseyM2

AlekseyM2 Member

For some reasons it takes some time for Windows guest OS to find the network. When I start the VM, network often does not work, but after a few minutes it gets back to normal.

4. Tagir

Tagir Bit poster

I also have no internet lately!

AndrewS11 likes this.
  5. DocOx

DocOx Bit poster

Before XMas, my VMs (Windows and Ubuntu) used to work fine, but today back at work, the network doesn't work on any of them. I reinstalled Parallels Tools, and tried to switch between Shared Network, Host-Only Network and Bridged Network, but to no avail. I need to access the Internet on those VMs for my work, and I simply can't. Really not impressed. (FWIW, I am running macOS Catalina, version 10.15.1, and Parallels 15.1.2...)

6. DocOx

DocOx Bit poster

Ok, I took the plunge and decided to restart my computer and... it's all fine now. Go figure! :confused: